Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started in a long distance relationship since then became married, we moved together after marriage. Things never seems as if she wants to make the house a home with me nor does she seem to trust me nor acknowledges things I've done for the relationship although I feel I've been overly supportive to make sure she was in the best position.

We are expecting a child and she has made plans to go on vacation with her family and I don't feel included in the invite. I do not like that I will not be with my child for the first christmas, and I do not like that it didn't even cross her mind regarding the importance of the father to be around for it. It just feels really disrespectful and I am shocked that it would even be asked.

·
Administrator
45,089 Posts
Started in a long distance relationship since then became married, we moved together after marriage. Things never seems as if she wants to make the house a home with me nor does she seem to trust me nor acknowledges things I've done for the relationship although I feel I've been overly supportive to make sure she was in the best position.

We are expecting a child and she has made plans to go on vacation with her family and I don't feel included in the invite. I do not like that I will not be with my child for the first christmas, and I do not like that it didn't even cross her mind regarding the importance of the father to be around for it. It just feels really disrespectful and I am shocked that it would even be asked.
I agree with you that it's not acceptable for her to take your baby for Christmas with her family without you being there.

Have you told her how you feel about this? What have you done to let her know that this is not acceptable?

How long have the two of you been married?

If I were you, I would see an attorney to get something in place so that she cannot take your baby out of state. I would be very concerned that she will go and not return.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts

I think your first step is going to be to talk to her. It's entirely possible that she considers you a sperm donor/atm and only married you for what you can provide, but it's also possible that she's an emotional dumb-ass that just doesn't have a clue what she's doing. Maybe a little MC can straighten the whole thing out.

But I wouldn't spend too much time on that before getting a court order preventing her from leaving with your kid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay..I think you are over thinking this. As a woman whose been single for a long time and used to living by her own rules and time line, I think that she has simply forgotten that her calendar of life is no longer just for her. So, what do you do? Well with no negative attitude, loud or harsh words, you simply pencil yourself in, by lovingly letting her know that you will be joining her at her parent's, on whatever day you plan to join them. You are her husband and the child's father. Do you need permission to be there with your in-laws? Just remember...you are showing them what a great husband and Father you are and you are reminding your wife, that her life now includes a better half(you). Old habits die hard, but practice makes perfect. I hope you're willing to put in the work. I'm hoping she'll start to notice and respond favorably. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.