Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole idea of "we are one" ..Not individuals anymore" but ONE person..

Really takes on a whole new meaning when they get the vomit virus..OMG I think I'm going to have diareah and start puking just beleiving that..If we are "one" how can I be healthy when he isnt..????????

BURP!!!!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
It is a funny post but I'll just say how you react to that stuff is all in your head. I used to work in the medical industry and it wasn't long before I was regularly eating lunch while reading medical journal articles that included the most horrific pictures you can imagine. Mmmmm. Later when my wife was sick for a few months I was constantly by her side doing bed pan / vomit bucket duty and thought nothing of it. Enjoy! lol

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I've got 3 kids and a husband. I rarely get sick. Never even crosses my mind to think otherwise.

There is only one exception to this rule. Stomach viruses. When that hits our house we ALL get it eventually. No one is spared. And what's weird is we never have it at the same time. Goes from kid, to kid to kid, to me then my husband is last.

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a funny post but I'll just say how you react to that stuff is all in your head. I used to work in the medical industry and it wasn't long before I was regularly eating lunch while reading medical journal articles that included the most horrific pictures you can imagine. Mmmmm. Later when my wife was sick for a few months I was constantly by her side doing bed pan / vomit bucket duty and thought nothing of it. Enjoy! lol

Well its PROOF we "arent one body" we are actually two different bodies..

But yeah I get it "psychological" ..I have "nursed " children with contagious diseases and my husband and never caught it .One clue? WASH YOUR HANDS your "individual hands" that aren't an "extension" of your spouses..

And I do "enjoy" ..I enjoy bringing comfort if I can.What little comfort they can have..knowing someone cares is first line of fire...:)

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got 3 kids and a husband. I rarely get sick. Never even crosses my mind to think otherwise.

There is only one exception to this rule. Stomach viruses. When that hits our house we ALL get it eventually. No one is spared. And what's weird is we never have it at the same time. Goes from kid, to kid to kid, to me then my husband is last.
I've avoided it.Sucessfully ..caught it about 50% of the time..even when they ALL got it..But I wash my hands every 15 seconds.

Point is we arent ONE BODY...we are INDIVIDUALS!!!

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
True. My husband tries the whole wash his hands thing, running around with a can of Lysol and it never worked for him. Me? I just accept the inevitable.

I can beat colds but not the stomach virus.

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True. My husband tries the whole wash his hands thing, running around with a can of Lysol and it never worked for him. Me? I just accept the inevitable.

I can beat colds but not the stomach virus.
YIKES...Lysol?

And its not "inevitable"..I have avoided many many "bugs" just by washing my hands .Including stomach viruses.Where I had 3 with a stomach virus(in my home that I took care of) and me not..(not even later I avoided it) and it was hand washing..not we are "one body"..

I guess the point is we are NOT ONE .I'm AN individual.I don't have my husbands "diseases" I don't have my children's..I'm an individual.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Not individuals anymore" but ONE person..

Well, that sounds very darn romantic, but is very unrealistic :)
All couples have differences in likes/ dislikes, differences in opinions, in thoughts. How are they gonna combine those differences to make ONE MIND? I read a joke on here : "when a man a woman marry, they become one. But the problem starts when it is to decide WHICH ONE. " Lol. Ver true. We all have our unique, personal essence. If you try to make your partener a copy of you, you smother that inividual scintilla, his individual soul...he is himself and you are you..instead of becoming one, I'd choose to say two souls bonded together by love.

Unfortunatey, in many marriage, they do become one - the one who has more power in the relationship. The one who is more assertive, more controlling, or simply, the one less emotionally involved.

Reactions: Shoto1984

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
There is a saying that goes something like this "Men marry women thinking they will never change and women marry men thinking they will!" Always loved that one.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
With 5 kids of our own and my wife doing day care from it our house is open to more bugs than most. As we all know little kids are great at sharing "bugs" if not their toys so things do go around.

The best defense is a positive offence, bring on the soap and hot water, replace hand towels with paper towels, clean tapes / flat surfaces / toilet flushers / door handles etc regularly.

Despite doing my share of back rubbing / sick mopping I have not caught a tummy bug in years and in fact I have only had 1 and 1/2 days of sick in the 15 years I have been in my current job (that was proper crawl to the toilet flu not that "man flu" some people complain of). I think the last time I had any other time of sick was when I lost two fingers (since re-attached) during winter warfare training in Norway and that was decades ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.