Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I live with three boys my H and 2 sons, and yes they are all boys. They fart constantly not infront of company but infront of me and my daughter, the way we combat it is if you cant beat em join em!! My daughter is 4 and she finds farts so funny my H is 38 and he finds them just as funny!

·
Registered
50 Posts
OMG!! It's not a health issue with your husband, it's that they hide it from us before marriage. The noise and smell that comes out if my husbands rear is truly disturbing and completely disgusting. And the frequency when at home is astounding! He can make the windows rattle. I don't know how he gets through a day at work and can control himself, but apparently once they hit the front door at home they "just have to". I agree, I think it's part teritorial, and I think they enjoy it.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is it exactly! They all do it, I think. But before marriage they try to be tactful and hide it, or leave the room , or whatever. After marriage, that tact goes right out the door and it is a free for all. And the most irritating part for me is that my hubby thinks its funny. Ewwwwwww

·
Banned
19,355 Posts
OMG!! It's not a health issue with your husband, it's that they hide it from us before marriage. The noise and smell that comes out if my husbands rear is truly disturbing and completely disgusting. And the frequency when at home is astounding! He can make the windows rattle. I don't know how he gets through a day at work and can control himself, but apparently once they hit the front door at home they "just have to". I agree, I think it's part teritorial, and I think they enjoy it.
Posted via Mobile Device
The silent ones are the worst.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's not exclusively a guy thing. My wife can choke a maggot sometimes!! Remembering the old Bill Cosby joke, I tell her it must mean that she loves me a lot (Woman's Fart = I love you!).

Really, it can be controlled, but not with a typical American diet. My appendix ruptured as a teenager, and the scar tissue around my lower abdomen makes gas more painful. Doctor said the repair would be dangerous. So, lots of water, fiber, metamucil and no simple carbs or red meat = almost no farts. My wife BPD release is pigging out on chocolate, so she more than makes up for it.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I know chewing gum can give you gas.

to all the ladies that are complaining about how we (as men) were more tactful as we were dating conserning flatulance.

Maybe its pay back for not haveing sex or giving bj's after marriage. LOL

·
Banned
851 Posts
Farting is like picking your nose. It is bad manners, disrespect for yourself, and disrespect to others. I know people get gas sometimes, and that can't be helped. But farting out loud, on a regular basis is disgustingly rude, and there's no excuse for it.
A natural bodily function is bad manners? LOL That's like saying that urinating is rude. Everybody farts! Get over it.

If you can't fart around your spouse, who else can you fart in front of? Hubby and I are very comfortable with each other, like a married couple should be. We have to hold in our farts in public, but at home, we let them go.

Ah, love. LOL

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.