Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a die hard NFL football fan! My husband and me love us some Dallas Cowboys. They aren't looking good this year, but I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't stand by and still cheer them on.

Who does everyone else like?!?

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Looooove NFL and college football and I am a die-hard fan of my teams, but I'd rather not say which ones because that would give away my whereabouts.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Go 'Skins!! :)
That is what I'M sayin'!!!! RedSkins have been my team since birth (literally) and even though they sucked these last few years, I still love them!!!!

Woot! On their victory yesterday!!!! :D
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
That's how my wife is too but after 7 years she knows very well not to mess with me & my teams on gameday, and I made that crystal clear before we were even married.
I think it's cute and endearing the way guys get into their teams. :) I'm happy fetching beer and snacks for the guy and even his friends while I am reading a book in the same room. And I like going to the games because of the excitement in the air!

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
That's how my wife is too but after 7 years she knows very well not to mess with me & my teams on gameday, and I made that crystal clear before we were even married.
I cycle through several top issues with football. At any given time it could be--
1) The outrageous sum of money these steroid-case Neanderthals get for playing a brutal kids' game in comparison to teachers...police...firefighters...people who actually make a worthwhile contribution to society.
2) The double-standard that fans devoting so much attention to the sport - the "she knows to leave me alone while the game is on" mentality, knowing stats backwards and forwards, dressing in the jersey of a favorite team/player, painting one's face in the team colors on game day - is considered normal, while similar behavior by fans of more creative ventures - books, movies, TV series - is considered "oddball" behavior.
Or
3) The automatic assumption by American society that, because I have a penis, I give a damn about football.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
I cycle through several top issues with football. At any given time it could be--
1) The outrageous sum of money these steroid-case Neanderthals get for playing a brutal kids' game in comparison to teachers...police...firefighters...people who actually make a worthwhile contribution to society.
2) The double-standard that fans devoting so much attention to the sport - the "she knows to leave me alone while the game is on" mentality, knowing stats backwards and forwards, dressing in the jersey of a favorite team/player, painting one's face in the team colors on game day - is considered normal, while similar behavior by fans of more creative ventures - books, movies, TV series - is considered "oddball" behavior.
Or
3) The automatic assumption by American society that, because I have a penis, I give a damn about football.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's an escape and a form of entertainment for those that enjoy it(and there's about 50 million of us that do), and it's not any different than these high priced Hollywood actors that most people pay to go watch their movies or maybe buying the books or merchandise they're selling.

And when my wife is watching one of her favorite shows like "Castle" or "The Mentalist", I am not allowed to bug her during those times either or she'll chew my head off.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I am a die hard NFL football fan! My husband and me love us some Dallas Cowboys. They aren't looking good this year, but I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't stand by and still cheer them on.

Who does everyone else like?!?
Did you see were Big Tex at the cotton bowl went up in flames !!! there is a big joke going around that shows the big tex on fire and it starts out
Dear Jerry as a life long cowboys fan i just stand what you have done to the team !!! LOL So I love My Aggies whoop whoop Gigem

Big Tex Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZymGBl1Zw

·
Registered
89 Posts
Broncos fans here, have been forever. Though I'm having a hard time getting used to Manning here, but its all good! Love game day, especially when we can get some good friends and good food together!

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
That is what I'M sayin'!!!! RedSkins have been my team since birth (literally) and even though they sucked these last few years, I still love them!!!!

Woot! On their victory yesterday!!!! :D
Posted via Mobile Device
I was like you, a Skins fans by default, since basically birth.

Thank God I moved to New York City! Giants baby, all the way!

I tried to hold on to the Skins, I really did. But in the middle of last year's season, after yet another game lost that should have been won, it just hit me; since I feel more at home in NYC than I ever did in the DC Metro area, I didn't have to hold on anymore to that suck ass team! Freedom! :rofl:

They get paid exactly what they should. They make salaries that are in line with how much revenue streams into their business. And they are rare commodities. It's strange that the "neanderthal" players are singled out, and you don't complain about the suited owners who sit back and collect vastly more capital.

As vital as teachers, police officers, and firefighters are, they're common. If you want teachers to get paid like football players, than advocate the firing of 98% of the teachers, make teaching children a rare privilege, pay the handful of teachers remaining hundreds of thousands, to millions, of dollars, and pat yourself on the back that you destroyed the totality of an already weakened American education system just so teachers could become as well paid as football players.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
I was like you, a Skins fans by default, since basically birth.

Thank God I moved to New York City! Giants baby, all the way!

I tried to hold on to the Skins, I really did. But in the middle of last year's season, after yet another game lost that should have been won, it just hit me; since I feel more at home in NYC than I ever did in the DC Metro area, I didn't have to hold on anymore to that suck ass team! Freedom! :rofl:

They get paid exactly what they should. They make salaries that are in line with how much revenue streams into their business. And they are rare commodities. It's strange that the "neanderthal" players are singled out, and you don't complain about the suited owners who sit back and collect vastly more capital.

As vital as teachers, police officers, and firefighters are, they're common. If you want teachers to get paid like football players, than advocate the firing of 98% of the teachers, make teaching children a rare privilege, pay the handful of teachers remaining hundreds of thousands, to millions, of dollars, and pat yourself on the back that you destroyed the totality of an already weakened American education system just so teachers could become as well paid as football players.
I agree; and the minute that playing football like Tom Brady and Jerry Rice, or basketball like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, or baseball like Cal Ripken Jr and Albert Pujols becomes the norm and most of us can do it, then we should ALL make those types of million dollar salaries. But instead they all have athletic gifts that most of us can only dream of having and risk permanent & crippling injuries throughout their careers, whereas most of us can go to school to become any one of those other careers mentioned.

·
Banned
104 Posts
was a die hard STEELERS fan for many years.

as I got older I realised that wasting a beautiful day inside watching a bunch of cry baby millioniers is just not worth it for me.

and the stadium the ba*tard rooney's made us build so they could become even richer is just down right sinfull in my opinion I wish they would have left.same with the hockey team and baseball team.

much better things to do with my sundays than waste it on football.

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
It's an escape and a form of entertainment for those that enjoy it(and there's about 50 million of us that do), and it's not any different than these high priced Hollywood actors that most people pay to go watch their movies or maybe buying the books or merchandise they're selling.

And when my wife is watching one of her favorite shows like "Castle" or "The Mentalist", I am not allowed to bug her during those times either or she'll chew my head off.
You'll notice I never said I found their salaries to be in line with what's important, either, did I? Nor that your wife's prioritizing entertainment over human interaction is fine because it's not concerning sports.

But, I dared speak ill of football, an American religion more powerful than any other, so I must be fine with those things, eh?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.