Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've been lurking here for a long time, and have finally decided to join and contribute.

Surprisingly there many members here that I know from LS, and even SI. I am looking forward to interacting with these members again, and getting know the other great folks here on TAM.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Welcome Jaded1.

Were you banned from SI or not?
LOL

There is a 'special' club here of former members of SI.

I first started posting on SI 2 years before coming here. This place seemed very unfriendly and clickish when I read it, and the threads seemed to move very slowly. However, I wasn't growing/progressing from the 'help' (aka enabling and coddling) I received at SI. Never heard of Dr. Harley's books there, or NMMNG, etc. there. Those books helped my marriage tremendously.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were you banned from SI or not?
No, I'm still a registered member there (different user name), but I stopped posting there over a year and a half ago. Many good people over there, but the site was difficult to navigate, and finding old threads was very frustrating.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Jaded1.

LOL

There is a 'special' club here of former members of SI.

I first started posting on SI 2 years before coming here. This place seemed very unfriendly and clickish when I read it, and the threads seemed to move very slowly. However, I wasn't growing/progressing from the 'help' (aka enabling and coddling) I received at SI. Never heard of Dr. Harley's books there, or NMMNG, etc. there. Those books helped my marriage tremendously.
LoL..

Things are very different there for sure. I posted there for about a year before I bailed. The advice given there did seem to be much more gentle compared to TAM, and even LS. It was nice being able curse on SI though.. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
LoL..

Things are very different there for sure. I posted there for about a year before I bailed. The advice given there did seem to be much more gentle compared to TAM, and even LS. It was nice being able curse on SI though.. :laugh:
Don't be fooled about the no cursing rule. People can be very mean here without cursing....then they get banned for a while.>:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts