Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how about addictions that effect a relationship
I for one , am pretty sure I suffer from a sexual addiction , but have no way of knowing for sure unless I fork out hundreds for therapy , and have found very little help online .

then there's drug addictions , alcohol addictions .. and the list goes on

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
how about addictions that effect a relationship
I for one , am pretty sure I suffer from a sexual addiction , but have no way of knowing for sure unless I fork out hundreds for therapy , and have found very little help online .

then there's drug addictions , alcohol addictions .. and the list goes on

SOme people have addicting personalities to be sure. But isn't it more of a group dynamic. There are many things that will effect a relationship. having a thread for it might just be good for helping to understand etc. But most problems are connected to larger issues.

draconis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But most problems are connected to larger issues.

draconis
agreed , as I myself am starting to understand my issues , I see that addiction iis almost allways caused by something unrelated and deeply seeded within ones head , however there is no place for .. for example , my issue of social anxiety , to talk to people who may share the same problems I do and to maybe help me understand why I have this and where it came from .

basically as you said , just a place for information , support for the issue and most of all ... understanding .

either way , just a thought :)

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Social anxiety may be caused by a number of things. PDD, Autism, enviroment, or how you were raised. Almost all forms of aniety can be overcome. I was "the most popular kid in school" My so suffers from autism and social anxiety. It has been a long hard road seeing him develop and painfully slow at overcoming this as an issue.

While having areas for each thing is great, general normally covers it all. Plus you don't have one area that has no posts or very few that most people never visit.

I feel a thesis on posting coming on....

draconis

·
Forum Administrator
2,068 Posts
I think addictions is a good topic. I had mentioned it a while back and no one jumped on it so I blew it off, but many people have addictions that hinder relationships.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think addictions is a good topic. I had mentioned it a while back and no one jumped on it so I blew it off, but many people have addictions that hinder relationships.
and many more people have a hard time realizing the addiction until it's to late to save the relationship , unless of course , like myself , have it spelled out for them

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Actually most people don't have things spelled out to them. Talk to most psychologist they simply talk you into discovering your own issues and how to solve them. Rarely do they just say this is your issue and here is how to fix it. Like you. You just needed a place to talk to realize what you knew but didn't see.

draconis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.