Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I threw down what was in my hands and I said "say that **** again, ask me one more time why I'm still here or why do I stay and I swear to God I will leave and you will never see me again!"
All of us here also have the same question. Do you have the answer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My boys and I packed our things and left. I told my husband i needed a few days to get things together because all the arguing with finances and his cheating and the Anniversary thing was too much for me and I needed a break. He told me if I left then we would be getting a divorce. Why cant I just have a few days where I can get my mental state together... he said he wasn't going to be without his wife and if I left that was it... I told him he didn't respect me and if that's how he seen I really didn't know what to tell him.. he accused me of all kinds of things, from Wanting to go back to my ex to wanting to be able for me to get back at him... none of these things are true.. we packed our things... we left... we all cried, even my boys... he's the only dad they know... we will be ok... the pain is only temporary... he gave me back his ring and gave me anything that would him of me... I haven't talked to him since.... he had no remorse... did not try to talk, just helped me... it hurts so bad... I love that man so much it hurts... I hope I've made the right decision...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I searched for the people he was texting, they look a lot like his ex he has a kid with. This is disturbing because I always notice he tells the ex everything about our life, even when she tells him nothing about hers that I know of. She reminded him that when he changed jobs he needs to still pay his child support. Why does she need to know he is changing jobs? She doesn't need to know what we do everyday and yet he seems to tell her and also allows her to run me over and disrespect me.
I guess you just want to continue rearranging those deck chairs on the Titanic.

·
Premium Member
6,762 Posts
He's been manipulating you for years. You serve a purpose (finances?) so I seriously doubt he wants a divorce. He will likely promise whatever it takes to get you back. Just remember that temporary change is easy but few are willing to put in the time, energy and effort that permanent change requires. I seriously doubt he's one who's willing to do that.

Don't. Go. Back.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Please stay away. Don’t go back. Some of the things you have posted about his volatility and his need for control worry me.
I’m sure that you love him, but he is destroying your soul. He has you so confused you can’t even shower alone!
All this crazy will become clearer the longer you are away from it.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts