Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Here's a summary of my relationship situation. I have a gf that i have been dating for about 7 weeks now. We met and were instantly attracted to each other and had an intense, passionate, emotional and very deep relationship since then. We commited ourselves to each other and were behaving like we were practically married. She met my family, we got dog tags with our names inscribed forever in love. Bottom line, we lived a lifetime's married couple relationship in just 7 wks. I know it sounds impossible or strange but it def felt like that for us both.
However, here comes the problem. Once out of those 7 wks, i cheated on her with an ex that i knew. It was a one time single act of my selfishness and it has ruined the best thing i ever had. She has forgiven me and after a lot of difficult hard persuasion has decided to give me one final chance. But she's very hurt and is withdrawn..emotionally and physically. We have talked about it and decided not to take time apart but work thru this issue.
I am trying to understand what things i can do now to make things better. I have promised her (& myself) that i will always be faithful. Although its been a short time, but we love each other and genuinely want to see this storm thru. What can i do to improve things and heal the pain i put her thru?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Be honest with her and yourself about what you did and why. Did you like the attention? Were you under the influence? Old feelings came back? Had a fight with your g/f? Own your weaknesses and make a definite plan of action for the future if you find yourself tempted again and then stick to it. Live a transparent life and if you can't control yourself around certain people, don't ever leave yourself alone with them.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Well I doen't know if 7 weeks you can or should compare yourself to being married. Many married couples will tell you of the ups and downs they went through to last all the years. How they overcame the relationship after it was no longer fresh.

As for the cheating you can do many things. Let her know where you are going with whom and when you can be expected back. Keep your cell open. Let her have access to your phone and email.

It will take her a long time to gain back the trust she has in you. You can do it simply by making sure she doesn't feel you might be doing it again and show her you have nothing to hide.

draconis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.