Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
The sessions felt like it was either it's time to forgive and forget or move on, those are the two choices you have. We talked to the counselor together then one on one....I felt like after her session with him it was all on me. It basically boiled down to she wasn't in love with me anymore because I didn't show her attention and she wanted to hurt me as bad as she could so she picked the best friend. It was a double whammy, I was the best man in this guy's wedding only a year prior to this and him and his wife were expecting their first child 2 months after all this hit the fan.
Wow, what a disgusting thing she did to you and the other family. I have no idea how you could have stayed with someone anyone who is capable of such cold blooded pre-planned cruelty. So she was annoyed because you apparently weren't paying her enough attention and deliberately chose to cheat with your best friend who was married and expecting a baby?? How could you possibly trust her again after that? Or even like her again??A woman with any decency or integrity or any sort of moral values at all does not do something so appalling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I guess it's because I haven't always been the best man in the world. As you see I got called out earlier, which in fine with because I'm a big boy and know I'll need to be held accountable for my on actions as well. I guess initially I thought it was all on me, I deserved it, I should have married her and paid her more attention. As mentioned we both had our flings with other people prior to this happening..now granted these were overlooked and I thought we moved on since we both had messed up and we weren't married and all that good stuff.... Things had pretty much settled down or at least I'd thought. I was meeting her everyday for lunch at work, to me it was the first time we had both shown signs of maturing into a family. I reckon this is what started to bother me the most after the initial shock and thinking it was all on me. I know people will say y'all both had issues, blah, blah, that's fine, I've never said we were saints or I hadn't ever done anything wrong. It was more of the timing of this one and who it was with...

41 - 42 of 42 Posts