Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I wanted to update you all on how we are doing. Our spontaneous road trip was wonderful. The kiddos had a great time and my husband and I were able to laugh and have fun as well. I feel like a lot of healing happened for both of us. We did talk a bit more about everything and we were able to come up with some guidelines for both of us and ideas of how to continue to reconnect as a couple more often.

I know it will still be a long road but we are both feeling hopeful and happy. We are still very much in love and committed to making each other feel loved and respected.

I am 2 weeks sober and plan to keep it that way :grin2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Wanted to post here again to say that things are going well. We went on a date tonight and though I really wanted a drink while sitting at the bar waiting for our table, I said no. Our marriage is still healing but it is healing strong. I think we are going to be ok. I may move on to a sight more appropriate for those who struggle with alcohol, though I may still check in here from time to time. Thank you all for your support and advice!

3 weeks sober :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Wanted to post here again to say that things are going well. We went on a date tonight and though I really wanted a drink while sitting at the bar waiting for our table, I said no. Our marriage is still healing but it is healing strong. I think we are going to be ok. I may move on to a sight more appropriate for those who struggle with alcohol, though I may still check in here from time to time. Thank you all for your support and advice!

3 weeks sober :)
Join AA or Sober Recovery to have the added support for your sobriety

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Just to say.. you sound like you do drink too much.

I myself took a 20yr hiatus from drinking before I can regulate drinking again. And have to remain over cautious even now. But it can be done. I do NOT recommend AA for many reasons. Hang in there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Just to say.. you sound like you do drink too much.

I myself took a 20yr hiatus from drinking before I can regulate drinking again. And have to remain over cautious even now. But it can be done. I do NOT recommend AA for many reasons. Hang in there.
Yep I had a problem I pretended not to have. 4 weeks sober is great but I know I have more time before I can touch the stuff again, if I ever do. I have found myself to be happier, more focused, and actually less stresses since I stopped drinking. It's really nice. My husband is going to try it out for a bit now as well because of the changes he's seen in me. I think so good times are in store for us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Bringing this post up from the dead to update everyone who helped me through this difficult time.
My DH still struggles with what happened occasionally, it comes up every few months and mostly when he's stressed and not sleeping well any way.
We continue to talk it out and support and encourage each other.
I'm in therapy and it's going really well. DH joined me on my last session and decided to schedule one of his own because of some lingering health issues and possible career changes are stressing him out.
I went 6 months with out having a drink. I do have wine once in a while now but I only buy one small bottle and cut it with sprite to make sure I don't over do it. I also only drink when my DH is with me and never in party situations. I take occasional 3 month breaks from it to be sure I don't walk down the same road I did before.

No more contact with Her (as we call her now) I did find out from a mutual friend of ours that about 6 months after what went down with me she tried to seduce my friends husband. He turned her down and went home immediately and told my friend what happened. They no longer have contact either.

Thanks again for everything and ask any questions you might have, I'll try to check in.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
GandR,

Thanks for updating, I recall your post because I believe it is similar to something my W did, although it was more like 20 years ago.

I suspect she made out with a friends sister, but I also believe she would never tell me because of what she thinks I would do.

Did you get tested for oral HPV since you can get that from kissing, this can lead to oral cancers not to mention other STDs she might have had?

Did you out the OW to her H or expose her widely, to get her to move, I can't believe it is healthy to have constant triggers when you see the OW, did your H ever confront the OW.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts