Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Read the book "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty". It is a lot deeper than the title suggests. Also read "No More Mr Nice Guy" by Dr. Glover as someone else already mentioned.

Run like your ass is on fire! And take the pups with you. She is going to kill things, and you could be included.
The ONLY thing this guy should be reading (and signing) is his divorce attorney's Representation Agreement when he retains him to legally remove this BAD LIFE CHOICE from his life.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I just don’t know what else to do. It gets worse and worse. Her anger is explosive and once she starts she can stop. Over the simplest things. Like if I sent a text to close to the last one. Or like the other day she told me to just go to bed when I get home because I worked a 16 hour shift and she knew I was tiredand she would take care of the two 14 week old puppies we have. When I got home at 6:30am I showered and then ate. By the time I got done I was just laying down when she got home from work and she just came unglued. Called me a lazy ass piece of **** says I’m worthless like my drug addict brother. But then today she got home before me and insisted on helping me with them. But she came out and looked what I was doing then went back to bed. When I got done with the dogs I went to shower and she got in with me. I was upset, but I don’t hide it well on my face. Big mistake. She had so much hatred in her eyes. I just said the other day you flipped your lid for me doing the same thing you did. And she just started screaming and asking why the **** did I even get out of bed if you’re gonna act like a ****ing baby.

I can never be upset. Even if she’s at fault, she will lose her mind and just get so heated that she can control what she says. I’m never allowed to show my feelings are hurt, let alone share that with her. That just get me “oh you’re crying over nothing” stop being a baby.

She is self diagnosed as bipolar depressed. And I’m sure she is.. but at some point it’s not the depression right? It’s abuse. She has broken me. And she doesn’t care. She says sorry, but never changes. That’s just manipulation. She has zero patience. Everything I do annoys her to the point of her becoming furious. I’m sure there’s an underlying issue, some resentment, but she won’t tell me what it is. I can’t even ask if she’s okay, or how are you.

What’s odd about all of this, is the angrier she has become, the more sexual she has become. We’re fairly newlyweds. Almost 2 years now.

She tells me I’m insecure when I asks if she still loves me, or if she truly wants this marriage still. But the way she talks to me just screams she doesn’t... I truly do not know what to do anymore. I am the only person she treats this way. I want this marriage. I love this woman with all of my heart. But I’m scared it’s all falling apart in the worst way.
This reminds me of the way my mother treated my father when i was little. Back before she tried to beat me to death on a fairly regular basis. One of her favorite lines, back before she started physically abusing me was "i brought you into this world, i can just as easily take you out!"

I never thought she was serious about that until she broke a big antique whiskey bottle on my skull. It cracked my skull and caused some serious issues for a while. I was 12.

@drail9696, record everything. Be willing to leave her. Until she gets treated for her anger, you are not safe around her. The longer she goes on raging, the more she will embed that behavior in her brain. The longer it goes on, the worse it will get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have manic bipolar... Diagnosed properly
It could be a manic phase
But I don't treat my partner like crap because I'm manic I get irritable but never abusive
It takes time to learn how to control it she needs help but there's nothing much you can do
You could support her but it will be a rough ride.
I can say she might not actually be angry at you she probably doesn't hate you at all, often people with bipolar suffer from a lack of emotion so feeling nothing, that will pass will the mania if it is that causing it

21 - 23 of 23 Posts