Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
They so prefer an emotional connection. But if alpha/sigma is available for sex without love, they'll settle for just the sex if it's the right time of the month, or they're pissed off at hubby, etc. As Roissy said, "For most women, five minutes of Alpha is worth five years of Beta."

Notice the "most" bit, above. NAWALT, or so they say.
I`m sorry Machiavelli but I`ve known far too many women to believe this is true.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Then you are/were either Alpha or Sigma, depending on what set of nomenclature you're using. Notice I said "are/were." I went through a 12 year period of being a porker and that attention went away completely. I became invisible to women when I got outside the "golden ratio" and the bespectacled, fat face and white hair didn't help. Once I dropped fat and rebuilt muscle and went back to wearing contacts, the attention resumed. If I were to start up playing music again, my wife probably would go into hyperdrive.
How is the muscle building post age 50? Can a man build much at that age?

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
How is the muscle building post age 50? Can a man build much at that age?
It's very, very slow due to the reduced testosterone from age 40 onward, but it can be done. I returned to training 5 years ago and things are just now really looking good. I've dropped about 45# of fat and put on about 18# of muscle. A number of my over 50 clients have opted for supplemental testosterone and those guys/gals have made excellent, 19 year old style progress. This is not an option for me at this time (prostate cancer). Small waist (golden ratio) and sixpack are the most important things for the over 50 male at the pool party.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
My point was, his options with pre-nup are limited as they cohabited from the times he was a broke student. But I expect he can afford all the lawyers in the world.
I'm no lawyer either but I thought prenup meant before marriage? I have no idea how common law issues affect this. Either way, I wish them all the best and if they do get divorced maybe she'll just walk away with a few hundred millions. Still a lot of money in my book.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This website attracts a lot of the jaded, scorned, and cynical, people who are hurting, or have been hurt, by the scars of bad marriages and bad choices. It isn't a remotely unbiased look at marriage.

Having said that, look around. There are a lot of people here, myself included, who absolutely love being married, or in long term relationships.
Its great that you find yourself in a happy marriage. Statistics tell us, you are in the minority, so congratulations for beating the odds.

There is nothing inherently wrong with marriage. The problem is, if ever the marriage were to dissolve, the man shoulders a disproportionate amount of the blame and financial burden.

An unbiased look at marriage means looking at the statistics without emotional bias. Here in the US, this tells us that statistically most marriages are doomed to fail. It also tells us that 75% of the time, it will be the women who initiates the divorce, and out of all alimony awards, 92% of the time, the women will be on the receiving end of alimony. Furthermore, it is quite clearly evident, that marriage laws disproportionately punish men.

I've nothing against marriage; however, marriage today (now known as Marriage 2.0) is not the same marriage that we knew a generation or two ago. As a college educated young man, the potential downside of Marriage 2.0 far outweighs any possible benefits to me and (I believe) most every young man. There are no businesses that would sign such a disproportionate business contract, so why should people sign such a contract? Its a shame, because growing up, I admired my parents and their marriage.

What it boils down to is this: There is no rational or logical reason for a male (at any age) to get married. A man can enjoy the benefits of a relationship, children and more without subjecting himself to a possible lifetime of financial servitude. One can only assume the reason men continue to marry is purely emotional.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My point was, his options with pre-nup are limited as they cohabited from the times he was a broke student. But I expect he can afford all the lawyers in the world.
Prenups are routinely voided in Family court. Really, the only way to avoid this mess in the first place is to not subject yourself to such a lop-sided contract in the first place (ie. do not get married).

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Its great that you find yourself in a happy marriage. Statistics tell us, you are in the minority, so congratulations for beating the odds.

There is nothing inherently wrong with marriage. The problem is, if ever the marriage were to dissolve, the man shoulders a disproportionate amount of the blame and financial burden.

An unbiased look at marriage means looking at the statistics without emotional bias. Here in the US, this tells us that statistically most marriages are doomed to fail. It also tells us that 75% of the time, it will be the women who initiates the divorce, and out of all alimony awards, 92% of the time, the women will be on the receiving end of alimony. Furthermore, it is quite clearly evident, that marriage laws disproportionately punish men.

I've nothing against marriage; however, marriage today (now known as Marriage 2.0) is not the same marriage that we knew a generation or two ago. As a college educated young man, the potential downside of Marriage 2.0 far outweighs any possible benefits to me and (I believe) most every young man. There are no businesses that would sign such a disproportionate business contract, so why should people sign such a contract? Its a shame, because growing up, I admired my parents and their marriage.

What it boils down to is this: There is no rational or logical reason for a male (at any age) to get married. A man can enjoy the benefits of a relationship, children and more without subjecting himself to a possible lifetime of financial servitude. One can only assume the reason men continue to marry is purely emotional.
OK. Well good luck. Take care.

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Have you read Task force recommends against PSA test for prostate cancer? It seems there is somewhat of a controversy on its effectiveness to detect prostate cancer.
Yeah, that's been coming for a while. See, as the govt takes over more and more of the cost of treatment, the govt has a vested financial interest in not finding any cancer. If you don't look, you can't find it. This is why the 5 year survivability rate for PCa in the US is 90% and the UK rate is only 50%.

The regular PSA test found mine just find. Got the prostate cut out and now I have to have an extremely sensitive PSA test done every 4 months. So long as they get an "undetectable" result, I'm good. Once PSA starts turning up again, the cancer's back.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah, that's been coming for a while. See, as the govt takes over more and more of the cost of treatment, the govt has a vested financial interest in not finding any cancer. If you don't look, you can't find it. This is why the 5 year survivability rate for PCa in the US is 90% and the UK rate is only 50%.

The regular PSA test found mine just find. Got the prostate cut out and now I have to have an extremely sensitive PSA test done every 4 months. So long as they get an "undetectable" result, I'm good. Once PSA starts turning up again, the cancer's back.
Unfortunately, you are exactly right. First they did that with mammograms, then it was PAP smears. Changing the guidelines, saying women dont need them as frequently, etc. Now they're hitting the men's healthcare. It's going to keep getting worse, but not enough people realize what's going on and probably won't until it's too late. Our system's not perfect but you won't get better care anywhere else. At least for now. Good luck to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

221 - 238 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.