Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
5,610 Posts
I'd like to know this too, if you are now against marriage because of your experience, why would it be different for your sons, as opposed to your daughters?
Primarily because the matriarchy has reworked marriage into a system that financially rapes and enslaves men in divorce. Even if the wife cuckolds the man and he discovers he is paying to raise the children of other men, the state requires him to continue to do so. The state is complicit in adultery.

Furthermore, women no longer require a marriage offer to put out. Marriage originated as a contract where the woman provides exclusive, frequent sexual access to the man and the man provides protection, food, and shelter to the woman. In today's world, most women freely offer sex to any guy who lifts weights or plays guitar and has the slightest clue about game (a small number of guys to be sure).

All of this is a strong disincentive for young men, at least those who are paying attention, to not get married.

· Banned
5,610 Posts
Whenever I read your posts, you always seem to have such a low opinion of women.
I no longer put them up on the 19th century pedestal as I used to, but I have a very high opinion of women. I just understand their nature much better than I did as a young man.

We aren't all out to enslave men and make their lives a misery, being unfaithful and having babies by other men.
I would think that very few women ever premeditate these kinds of actions at the point of marriage, yet they still occur on a massive scale due to the changes in law over the last 150 years and especially the last 50.

What about the men who are unfaithful in marriage, why shouldn't a woman get slightly more assets if she is now the main carer of the children and was loyal throughout?
What you are describing is a fault divorce, where "adultery" (as it is now defined in most states) is a factor in the property settlement. That's the old way which has been supplanted in most jurisdictions by no-fault divorce.

Also reading your link, well I (yes a female no doubt!) was the main breadwinner before we had children but I gave up my job so our kids I could give time to them. I find the link pretty offensive and it makes terrible assumptions.
The link specifically agrees with you about adultery and asset division, so which section do you disagree with?

· Banned
5,610 Posts
I contributed a lot to our marriage,...

I recently learned he had been cheating. So, I think I will likely not remarry, but not because I am bitter towards men.

Mainly because I can't trust my own judgment to choose a non cheater.
Again, modern marriage with modern divorce is a bad idea. Hopefully, you got what was coming to you in your settlement, but the deck is stacked in your favor as a woman and against a man in your same situation.

· Banned
5,610 Posts

So...no "entrapment" over here. I don't like drama. I avoid it like the plague. So a divorce with me would be very easy. Painful and depressing, but easy.
You are an admirable woman. There are many, many like you. Unfortunately, many men have been deceived by women who were not like you. Also, unfortunately, these less than admirable women had the power of the state unleashed on their BHs. The point is, marriage is very dangerous for young men these days. If he makes a mistake he can be well and truly effed for life.

· Banned
5,610 Posts
You're going to use a sunken ship in the late 19th century as an example of women having the power?!!

and men dont get drafted in the US anymore and if there was a draft it's strictly because men don't want women on the battlefield, most women support having women in combat
What was the ruck load back when you were in the infantry?

· Banned
5,610 Posts
Marriage is a financial contract, nothing more. It does not guarantee loyalty, honesty, or lack of deception. There is no greater chance that a married couple will be any more successful than a nonmarried couple.

Most marriages fail nowadays.
Not really. About 45% of first marriages fail. Much higher for subsequent marriages. You are correct that marriage is a contract. However, it's pretty much unenforceable.

Both parties are usually in worse shape after a divorce, the only winners are the attorneys.
Quite true, except you forgot WW's live in boyfriend who migrates around a few days with this women, a couple days with that one, etc. servicing his ad-hoc harem.

Marriage is an archiaic, over rated, outdated concept that serves no real purpose.
So it's being replaced by a situation where the top few alpha males maintain soft harems of divorced or adulterous women and the majority of men go without. Primal.

Generally speaking.

· Banned
5,610 Posts
You forgot to count the adulterous married men, many of whom are serial cheaters. Even though slightly, they still outnumber their female counterparts.
An adulterous man should be grist for the mill. At the hands of the husband. That was the old rule, and it's still the best one. I have no illusions about that coming to pass any time soon. Yeah, I'm from the 16th century.

· Banned
5,610 Posts
So, how do betas get sex partners? Say you are an incredibly handsome, athletic, well hung beta who makes a ton of $$. Are you saying women would chose an alpha?
Normally what you describe would be the AOG anywhere, since those attributes are going to put that person at the top of the social pyramid. Think of the good looking guy who quarterbacks the high school team and is homecoming king and queen with his girlfriend the head cheerleader. He's going to be surrounded with sycophant males waiting for his cast offs and girls trying to give him bjs behind his girl's back. That's pretty much alpha defined: the socially dominant male of the group.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.