Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

· Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm encouraging my kids to never marry(well, I might keep my mouth shut with the girls, anyway).
Seriously, who in his or her right mind would marry these days. You are completely ****ed if your spouse cheats and decides to just dump your ass.
It is a sick way to live, this marriage deal, IMO.

· Registered
90 Posts
Marriage is the greatest gift a man can give to a woman. In return he gets to have offspring, which is the greatest gift she makes to him (given the investments). It's kind of a genetic deal.
If she gives him the kids and does not get married (committed to), she is screwed. If he gives her the marriage, but does not get offspring (sex), he's screwed.
Looks clear to me and I believe it won't change any time soon.

· Registered
45 Posts
There is a lot of bitterness. Why did you get married? Kids? They can happen without marriage. Love? If you said "I do" before the daydream fantasy part of the deal was over, you didn't know enough about each other. Were they cheating before and this time was the final straw? They don't change. Marriage is about many different issues and you and the spouse working out an operating system on many levels. So what is eating at you? Hating us all is not a good sollution. Get to the real problem so you can fix it.

· Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not hate you, muttgirl. Nor do I hate anyone else here(well, unless my XW is posting here).
It is just my opinion. Marriage is a bad deal.

And, bitterness gets a bad name, as does "judgemental".
There is nothing wrong or unpleasant about being bitter as regards one's XW. It feels good to hate her. She is an evil pig. Same with being judgemental. I could not live happily without judgement. My life would be chaotic if I used no judgement. I might have hired Ted Bundy to babysit if I had no judgement.

· Registered
228 Posts
I do not hate you, muttgirl. Nor do I hate anyone else here(well, unless my XW is posting here).
It is just my opinion. Marriage is a bad deal.

And, bitterness gets a bad name, as does "judgemental".
There is nothing wrong or unpleasant about being bitter as regards one's XW. It feels good to hate her. She is an evil pig. Same with being judgemental. I could not live happily without judgement. My life would be chaotic if I used no judgement. I might have hired Ted Bundy to babysit if I had no judgement.
It is hard to not agree.

I find myself telling others that marriage is a waste of time.

· Registered
4,998 Posts
"I never knew what real happiness was until I got married. And by then it was too late." -Max Kauffmann :rofl:

"The man who says his wife can't take a joke, forgets that she took him." -Oscar Wilde

“Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means.”
-Henny Youngman

:lol::lol::lol:

· Registered
108 Posts
I'm encouraging my kids to never marry(well, I might keep my mouth shut with the girls, anyway).
Seriously, who in his or her right mind would marry these days. You are completely ****ed if your spouse cheats and decides to just dump your ass.
It is a sick way to live, this marriage deal, IMO.
I don't get it. Why you might keep your mouth shut with your girls?

· Premium Member
10,085 Posts
Personally, I loved being married. Obviously, wasn't too fond of the way it came crashing down. But the majority of it was worth the risk to me.

I may be in the minority, but I see myself married again in the future...but with an entirely different outlook from the get go.
Swoon

Oh sham yes!! Yes I'll marry you!

· Registered
94 Posts
I don't get it. Why you might keep your mouth shut with your girls?
I'd like to know this too, if you are now against marriage because of your experience, why would it be different for your sons, as opposed to your daughters? I really think you should let them make their own minds up anyway.

I've been burned by my current marriage and my unfaithful and abusive husband. I'm not so angry about it however, that I would never consider getting married again. It may take me a lot longer to get to that point, but I'm not going to write it off.

Jen

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.