Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
SO, the solution is to CHEAT on her husband, take away HIS choices (since I presume he doesn't know) and SHE gets her cake and eats it too? This is the "best" solution -- for HER. NOT for her H, NOT for her kids, etc..
No, solution is not to cheat. There is NO good solution here. They (Cooper and Billie) got themselves into the hole there is no good exit from. Specifically, with two kids now. They are sexually incompatible and the problem is exacerbated by the fact she has this sexual history that is so magnificent and string Cooper simply cannot compete with. Even if Brad completely despaired I am sure she would find someone else to satisfy her sexual desire. I honestly cannot blame her for this.

The tragedy of this situation and I think it happens in real life too often that young people being in love in general dismiss their incompatibility thinking it will resolve itself or no big deal. We have friends how had been together for almost 10 years. They had everything they can dream of: a house, money, a kid, parents support, etc. But they were sexually incompatible and eventually this issue crept into their relationship and marriage and destroyed it.

This is the problem I have with these shows -- they romanticize cheating. How about they focus on the H finding out, divorcing her, the crap the kids have to go through due to HER cheating, etc? Why, because the reality of infidelity and the damage it does to everyone involved isn't "romantic" or "sexy".
This is a show, obviously fictional but it describes real life dilemma with some fantasy (both men chasing her and very wealthy).

BTW, H did find out about her cheating. But H did not leave her because he loves he and has this simply unrealistic dreams that she will be able to forget her sexual attachment to Brad. It will never happen.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's even WORSE that her H knows and hasn't done anything. AGAIN romaticizing to a woman -- SHE can cheat, and HE won't do anything (implying that everyone is OK with her cheating -- pure propaganda).
Because H truly loves her and he thinks he can solve this problem. He even tries to emulate Brad following her sex journal. But this obviously does not work and will never work. He will be Cooper and will never be Brad.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You gotta have patience for next season! Its called the tease!
Heck bet this thread alteady raised the show viewership lol.
Because H truly loves her and he thinks he can solve this problem. He even tries to emulate Brad following her sex journal. But this obviously does not work and will never work. He will be Cooper and will never be Brad.
Could he be a "Better" Brad? There is a male here on TAM who preemptively decided to be the OM to his wife after years of marriage. Said to himself "why cant i be wifes OM?" As I recall it worked beautifully!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
So, I will answer this with a quote:
Again, "normalizing" the weak, effeminate beta male as what women should want in a relationship
His answer was 100% on point. Why don't they show that H mans up and gives her consequences?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I do blame "her" (if she was a real person) -- she should have divorced her husband. With her cheating, she is damaging everyone around her.
The problem she does love Cooper too for what he is: good husband, father, provider, etc. He just cannot fulfil one critical part and it is sexual intimacy. So she uses Brad to fiill this missing part on overall complete puzzle.

Cooper loves her too so in general neither Billie nor Cooper want this divorce.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heck bet this thread alteady raised the show viewership lol.

Could he be a "Better" Brad? There is a male here on TAM who preemptively decided to be the OM to his wife after years of marriage. Said to himself "why cant i be wifes OM?" As I recall it worked beautifully!
What's "OM"?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
The problem she does love Cooper too for what he is: good husband, father, provider, etc. He just cannot fulfil one critical part and it is sexual intimacy. So she uses Brad to fiill this missing part on overall complete puzzle.

Cooper loves her too so in general neither Billie nor Cooper want this divorce.
So, you advocate polyamory, which is what you are talking about -- multiple "husbands" to fit her various needs.
Wow. Cooper has to be a complete WUSS to deal with this -- KNOWING she is having wild monkey sex with this other guy, stuff she probably never did with him, and he just "WUVS" her SOOO much. BS.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Thing is, in reality most women cannot detach the sexual relationship from feelings. So most of the time, it gets complicated, they want more than sex from the stallion. Then it blows up because he bails, or never gives her the next thing, and she gets super depressed and takes it out on her husband by way of "settling" for him.

I could never watch this show. I think it appeals to women with fantasies, and men who like to conquer women while they are marred. Being neither of those things, hard pass for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So, you advocate polyamory, which is what you are talking about -- multiple "husbands" to fit her various needs.
Wow. Cooper has to be a complete WUSS to deal with this -- KNOWING she is having wild monkey sex with this other guy, stuff she probably never did with him, and he just "WUVS" her SOOO much. BS.
I am not advocating anything. I am just stating what the show is about: husband and wife love each other in general except they are incompatible sexually. And the problem is amplified by wife's previous or existing wild sexual intimate connection with other man.

Cooper loves Billie and because he loves her he is trying to resolve the problem he cannot really resolve. BTW. Billie is also trying to resolve the same problem because she does value what Cooper provides her and she does love him too. That's why all this "Cooper should just divorce her and it's done". It is BS and way too complicated. Divorcing his wife he loves will also detach him from his children who he also loves so much.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thing is, in reality most women cannot detach the sexual relationship from feelings. So most of the time, it gets complicated, they want more than sex from the stallion. Then it blows up because he bails, or never gives her the next thing, and she gets super depressed and takes it out on her husband by way of "settling" for him.

I could never watch this show. I think it appeals to women with fantasies, and men who like to conquer women while they are marred. Being neither of those things, hard pass for me.
If woman in general didnt have fantasies the soap operas wud have never gotten off ground. Had single friend who watched Young and restless to chat up women. Worked like a charm. Watched hom do it many timed

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
That's why all this "Cooper should just divorce her and it's done". It is BS and way too complicated. Divorcing his wife he loves will also detach him from his children who he also loves so much.
I loved my XW too but I kicked that cheating b**** to the curb faster then you can say "Netflix". Why? Because I have self-respect

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
What country are you living in?
There is nothing new about the Life/Sex TV show on Netflix. Do you remember The Affair on Showtime? Sopranos? Mad Men? Mistresses? We could probably move your thread to social and make this a game.

I wasn't interested in watching this series but now that you mentioned [email protected]# scenes it's going on my watch list. Thanks for the recommendation 😁
from the U.S but dont watch much TV
how about you?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If woman in general didnt have fantasies the soap operas wud have never gotten off ground. Had single friend who watched Young and restless to chat up women. Worked like a charm. Watched hom do it many timed
I got dates in college just by hanging out watching Days of Our Lives at the student union. Tons of chicks stopped there every day to eat lunch and watch what was going on between Patch and Layla. I have to admit I got hooked on it for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,999 Posts
from the U.S but dont watch much TV
how about you?

I'm in the US but do watch TV, although I haven't watched this specific series (the plot isn't all that interesting to me). My point is that most tv series call for suspension of belief. They are developed for entertainment purposes only. No one is expected to take it seriously, to use them as a PSA on morality, or glamorize infidelity any more than Breaking Bad was meant to glamorize meth manufacturing and sales, The Sopranos was made to glamorize the Mafia, Dexter or Hannibal were made to glamorize serial killing, or 13 Reasons Why was made to glamorize teen suicide. It's.just.a.tv.show. Do not watch it of you don't agree with the premise.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know if you are taking the piss or not - but "knowing you", you probably are :LOL: - if people are happy with totally unrealistic body shapes, stereotypes, big willies and the lot, then I'm happy for them. I won't be watching.
how do you know there are big willies in it if you are not watching it , lol

41 - 60 of 75 Posts