Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
No interest in that show. But the notion of partner-hopping/cheating is just freaking everywhere. We were desperate for new shows to watch earlier this year when it was cold out. Started watching 3 of them, and in every single one, it was rampant with graphic sex, and betrayal. A lot of it homosexual, actually, where it was very clear the goal was to get people comfortable with gay sex. But the betrayals were more boyfriend/girlfriend rather than husband/wife - though, it seems, a show isn't exciting enough unless somebody is having an affair. It's like a check box.

I finished one of the shows (Elite, which had some other redeeming elements in the first 2 seasons), but refused to continue watching the other two (Pretty Little Things and I forgot the name of the other one)

The non-married cheating is simply a primer for when you are married - when it's even more "hot" to cheat, and it's just teaching younger people that it's exciting, and that monogamy is boring.

Hate it.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Yeah, we can't have plastic/fake/shiny on TV shows.
I don't know if you are taking the piss or not - but "knowing you", you probably are :LOL: - if people are happy with totally unrealistic body shapes, stereotypes, big willies and the lot, then I'm happy for them. I won't be watching.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You guys all wining about how evil the show is that glorifies cheating.

You miss why she is cheating. She is cheating because she being a very sexual woman has this incredible powerful sexual connection with Brad that she cannot get from her husband. and no amount of stability, money or even kids can deter her from constantly getting back to that type of connection. It is very real and I am sure happens in real life rather often.

I read on other forum that this show triggered few women to reconsider their marriage and going back to their "Brads".

Everyone is miserable in this triangle: her who can never get both: good stable husband and life with kids but no sexual intimacy, Cooper who I feel sorry for most as he truly loves his wife but fails to recognize she has never and will never be his despite being his wife and Brad who loves her too but may never get her beyond occasional sex.

She is no totally immoral. she is suffering and regretting every time she goes back to Brad. But she cannot do anything with this, it is that drug that keeps her a life. This only underscores how important sexual compatibility is and how powerful and truly irreplaceable sexual intimate connection is. She really should have never married Cooper.

I am very against cheating, never cheated and will not accept any cheating. but sometime you have situation in life that no solution is good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't know if you are taking the piss or not - but "knowing you", you probably are :LOL: - if people are happy with totally unrealistic body shapes, stereotypes, big willies and the lot, then I'm happy for them. I won't be watching.
I did watch a couple episodes, it's not for me because of the cheating made acceptable etc.

Side question,
What's the totally unrealistic body shapes comment on?

·
Registered
683 Posts
You guys all wining about how evil the show is that glorifies cheating.

You miss why she is cheating. She is cheating because she being a very sexual woman has this incredible powerful sexual connection with Brad that she cannot get from her husband. and no amount of stability, money or even kids can deter her from constantly getting back to that type of connection. It is very real and I am sure happens in real life rather often.

I read on other forum that this show triggered few women to reconsider their marriage and going back to their "Brads".

Everyone is miserable in this triangle: her who can never get both: good stable husband and life with kids but no sexual intimacy, Cooper who I feel sorry for most as he truly loves his wife but fails to recognize she has never and will never be his despite being his wife and Brad who loves her too but may never get her beyond occasional sex.

She is no totally immoral. she is suffering and regretting every time she goes back to Brad. But she cannot do anything with this, it is that drug that keeps her a life. This only underscores how important sexual compatibility is and how powerful and truly irreplaceable sexual intimate connection is. She really should have never married Cooper.

I am very against cheating, never cheated and will not accept any cheating. but sometime you have situation in life that no solution is good.
True for many I suppose but there is another very long now dormant thread where the WW clearly said numerous posts that BH was way better in the sack than the AP, that BH rang her bell very well. WW sought out AP for reasons other than sex ( which she got plenty of already ). Sex is essential but not sufficient for a successful marriage. You have to actually like one another.

BTW Cooper may have been very adequate when they first married. Somewhere the "excitement" left. Billie "suffering and regretting", like a moth to the flame can't give up the drug. Wonder if NetFlix will fast forward 20-30 years for how the everyone ended up. Broke, abandoned, sick and alone.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Side question,
What's the totally unrealistic body shapes comment on?
Well, they are not "unrealistic", but most human beings are not built like the two men, and funnily enough, she's torn between two men with beautiful bodies (and big willies)... to me, that's rather unrealistic (apart from depicting the usual shiny, perfect American lifestyle). I can't stomach that... :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
True for many I suppose but there is another very long now dormant thread where the WW clearly said numerous posts that BH was way better in the sack than the AP, that BH rang her bell very well. WW sought out AP for reasons other than sex ( which she got plenty of already ). Sex is essential but not sufficient for a successful marriage. You have to actually like one another.

BTW Cooper may have been very adequate when they first married. Somewhere the "excitement" left. Billie "suffering and regretting", like a moth to the flame can't give up the drug. Wonder if NetFlix will fast forward 20-30 years for how the everyone ended up. Broke, abandoned, sick and alone.
I agree to that. But this also emphasizes that sex cannot be replaced or substituted by anything.

I don't think she ever had sexual connection with Cooper anywhere close to what she got with Brad. She just used Cooper as safe haven when she broke up with Brad. She thought that Cooper is the guy who will provide her stable life, kids, etc. She thought it is what she really wanted. But she in that moment dismissed the important of the sexual connection. I think it is very realistic scenario in real life.

We read here on TAM numerous stories that everything appears to be "great" in marriage or at least how people perceive it but sex it is what missing. and nothing really helps or comforts from this otherwise "happy" life this sexual intimacy that pole are missing.

I am very happy an very lucky to have both: stable life, great kids, supportive loving wife and great sexual intimate connection with her. But if this deep sexual intimate connection was missing in my marriage and especially if I had it elsewhere I am not sure I would not do what Billie did. And I would not be shy to tell this to my wife too.

Yes, I think everyone is miserable in this triangle and there is no really good solution. If she leaves Cooper she will soon realizes that sex cannot make everything and she won't have this stable life she has now. Moreover now she has two little kids who will be crushed living in broken home with two divorced parents.

Sometimes divorce is not an option or at least as bad option as anything else.

I also think that the show also points to another important hidden fact. Do NOT be Cooper. Do not chase or marry a woman with such vibrant sexual and romantic past, no matter how attractive she is or how much she tries to convince you it is all in her past. Such past will never be forgotten and will always haunt her and you and will be present in your marriage forever if your marriage even survives it.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
It's interesting to me the people whose spouse's fancy seems to be around cheating? That doesn't seem like a red flag?

I also think it's funny how the usual suspects see the show as empowering to Women when it's quite obviously a Red Pill fantasy, written by people who espouse that philosophy about women's nature. Someone might want to point that out to Marry Sue and all those other Women-centric blogs.

• Love
Reactions: jlg07 and Numb26

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's interesting to me the people whose spouse's fancy seems to be around cheating? That doesn't seem like a red flag?

I also think it's funny how the usual suspects see the show as empowering to Women when it's quite obviously a Red Pill fantasy, written by people who espouse that philosophy about women's nature. Someone might want to point that out to Marry Sue and all those other Women-centric blogs.
What was interesting but not surprising was interview of actress playng Billie where she said she totally identified with Billie's affair and supported women cheating as appropriate.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well, they are not "unrealistic", but most human beings are not built like the two men, and funnily enough, she's torn between two men with beautiful bodies (and big willies)... to me, that's rather unrealistic (apart from depicting the usual shiny, perfect American lifestyle). I can't stomach that... :)
I get your point but in the younger stages of life the builds aren't that unreasonable.

I just want to highlight once upon a time at least being trim for males was not that uncommon.

For example all but a couple guys in my age group at college ages and following were the same. It was actually typical. You couldn't pinch an inch on me until after 30 or so. Same with friends.

Now didn't see the willies in question, can't comment on those 🙂.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I just want to highlight once upon a time at least being trim for males was not that uncommon.
"Trim" is one thing... these two actors are built like ****houses and are not really representative of the "normal" population. If the other man wasn't so well-built (in all senses) and attractive, do you think she would have had an affair with him? It's all stereotypes. Beautiful people in beautiful surroundings, shiny, plastic story.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Yes, I think everyone is miserable in this triangle and there is no really good solution. If she leaves Cooper she will soon realizes that sex cannot make everything and she won't have this stable life she has now. Moreover now she has two little kids who will be crushed living in broken home with two divorced parents.

Sometimes divorce is not an option or at least as bad option as anything else.
SO, the solution is to CHEAT on her husband, take away HIS choices (since I presume he doesn't know) and SHE gets her cake and eats it too? This is the "best" solution -- for HER. NOT for her H, NOT for her kids, etc..

This is the problem I have with these shows -- they romanticize cheating. How about they focus on the H finding out, divorcing her, the crap the kids have to go through due to HER cheating, etc? Why, because the reality of infidelity and the damage it does to everyone involved isn't "romantic" or "sexy".

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
SO, the solution is to CHEAT on her husband, take away HIS choices (since I presume he doesn't know) and SHE gets her cake and eats it too? This is the "best" solution -- for HER. NOT for her H, NOT for her kids, etc..

This is the problem I have with these shows -- they romanticize cheating. How about they focus on the H finding out, divorcing her, the crap the kids have to go through due to HER cheating, etc? Why, because the reality of infidelity and the damage it does to everyone involved isn't "romantic" or "sexy".
Again, it goes back to Hollywood pushing that this behavior is "normal".

·
Registered
683 Posts

Cooper knows, was tracking her location. More to follow on next episodes (according to web). Just more explicit soap opera. Based on reality which is why they have been popular especially with chicks forever. Entertainment caters to what people will watch.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Coopet knows, was tracking her location. More to follow on next episodes (according to web). Just more explicit soap opera.
That's even WORSE that her H knows and hasn't done anything. AGAIN romaticizing to a woman -- SHE can cheat, and HE won't do anything (implying that everyone is OK with her cheating -- pure propaganda).

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
That's even WORSE that her H knows and hasn't done anything. AGAIN romaticizing to a woman -- SHE can cheat, and HE won't do anything (implying that everyone is OK with her cheating -- pure propaganda).
Again, "normalizing" the weak, effeminate beta male as what women should want in a relationship

·
Registered
683 Posts
"Trim" is one thing... these two actors are built like ****houses and are not really representative of the "normal" population. If the other man wasn't so well-built (in all senses) and attractive, do you think she would have had an affair with him? It's all stereotypes. Beautiful people in beautiful surroundings, shiny, plastic story.
Part of the attraction for the unattractive masses living their desperate lives. Vicarious living through images on the screen and/or stage.

Btw, most men could buff by investing some time and effort. Be sure to advise the wife what is going on and why tho lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You gotta have patience for next season! Its called the tease!

21 - 40 of 76 Posts