Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Folks

the past 12 months or since COVID - the main stream medias have been focusing on infidelities and orgies type of shows. Mainly focusing on a wife cheating on her husband. the Life/sex TV show is a huge milestone into normalizing cheating. the Dic** pic caused online forms and media to discuss it - most against but many with. irony, more women are against this show than men.

this is considered a success from the media prospective - a show that made everyone talk about and watch despite the criticism. that said, I bet you anything in the next 6 months more shows will be about cheating, infacility and more Dic** pics.

Premium Member
hi Folks

the past 12 months or since COVID - the main stream medias have been focusing on infidelities and orgies type of shows. Mainly focusing on a wife cheating on her husband. the Life/sex TV show is a huge milestone into normalizing cheating. the Dic** pic caused online forms and media to discuss it - most against but many with. irony, more women are against this show than men.

this is considered a success from the media prospective - a show that made everyone talk about and watch despite the criticism. that said, I bet you anything in the next 6 months more shows will be about cheating, infacility and more Dic** pics.
What country are you living in?
There is nothing new about the Life/Sex TV show on Netflix. Do you remember The Affair on Showtime? Sopranos? Mad Men? Mistresses? We could probably move your thread to social and make this a game.

I wasn't interested in watching this series but now that you mentioned [email protected]# scenes it's going on my watch list. Thanks for the recommendation 馃榿

Registered
Yeah this whole thing in the past 10 years (maybe more) that try to minimize any issues with cheating and it's just "the normal thing to do" is pure BS propaganda. If they REALLY wanted to do a show about infidelity, there are ANY NUMBER of examples here in TAM that show the actual, REAL, damage it does to ENTIRE families. Of course they would never do that.

Registered
Yeah this whole thing in the past 10 years (maybe more) that try to minimize any issues with cheating and it's just "the normal thing to do" is pure BS propaganda. If they REALLY wanted to do a show about infidelity, there are ANY NUMBER of examples here in TAM that show the actual, REAL, damage it does to ENTIRE families. Of course they would never do that.
Just add it to everything else Hollywood tries to "normalize"

Registered
What country are you living in?
There is nothing new about the Life/Sex TV show on Netflix. Do you remember The Affair on Showtime? Sopranos? Mad Men? Mistresses? We could probably move your thread to social and make this a game.

I wasn't interested in watching this series but now that you mentioned [email protected]# scenes it's going on my watch list. Thanks for the recommendation 馃榿
I鈥檒l save you time, just google it. There鈥檚 a whole debate whether or not it鈥檚 real. I must admit, it鈥檚 huge. I watched season one and won鈥檛 be watching season two based upon the last three words wifey says to AP in the last episode. Too many triggers for me.

Premium Member
I鈥檒l save you time, just google it. There鈥檚 a whole debate whether or not it鈥檚 real. I must admit, it鈥檚 huge. I watched season one and won鈥檛 be watching season two based upon the last three words wifey says to AP in the last episode. Too many triggers for me.
Lol. Your first sentence calls for a faithful wife response in penis size.

Netflix is notorious for shows that show full frontal male nudity. Altered Carbon is a Sci-fi show and there's was plenty of that.

As to shows about adultery, I understand the triggering effect they can have (I still can't watch Heartburn and it's with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholas-1986) but at the same time we have to understand that it's make believe/non-fiction. Even reality tv shows are not really real. It's for entertainment purposes only. Should we cancel them?

Registered

Netflix is notorious for shows that show full frontal male nudity. Altered Carbon is a Sci-fi show and there's was plenty of that.

As to shows about adultery, I understand the triggering effect they can have (I still can't watch Heartburn and it's with Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholas-1986) but at the same time we have to understand that it's make believe/non-fiction. Even reality tv shows are not really real. It's for entertainment purposes only. Should we cancel them?
Well, YES they are fiction -- BUT the fact that they present infidelity as such a trivial it-happens-every-day-so-no-issue type of thing is just propaganda. It's trying to normalize BS behavior with no repercussions.

Premium Member
Well, YES they are fiction -- BUT the fact that they present infidelity as such a trivial it-happens-every-day-so-no-issue type of thing is just propaganda. It's trying to normalize BS behavior with no repercussions.
Few tv shows actually depict the facts for the basis of their shows. They dramatize and romanticize their focus. It's what makes people interested in watching. That's why the doctors on Grey's Anatomy are all hot. That's why the police in Chicago PD get into a gun fight every week (police rarely shoot their weapons). That's why shows like Scandal where the +very 馃敟 president of the US was having an affair with his smokin hot secretary. If they showed the reality of those situations, those shows would be boring and would last 2 weeks.

Registered

Even faithfull wife would be impressed at the size. IRL, she is dating her on screen AP right after she got divorced. How poetic.

Registered
Sex sells. If this type of show didn't attract audiences, they wouldn't be produced.

BTW - look at the number of views in each TAM forum... Sex and Infidelity are way above any other forum. Tells you something.

Registered
My wife and I really enjoyed the series.

I think while the show is obviously fictional it depicts real life dilemma and only emphasizes how powerful sexual attraction an connection is. It cannot be replaced or substituted by stable worry free life, picture perfect marriage on the surface, kids, etc. If there is no sexual connection, no sexual fire burning a human being (be it man or woman) is looking outside to fulfill this desire. And nothing, no consequences or moral or anything else can stop this.

And another thing I got from this series. Never marry a woman or maybe man too with such as hot, vibrant sexual past. This past will hunt her and you forever and will eventually destroy your marriage.

The most unrealistic part in the series is both partners are wealthy. the music guy should be starting artist, it would be more plausible.

Registered
Few tv shows actually depict the facts for the basis of their shows. They dramatize and romanticize their focus. It's what makes people interested in watching. That's why the doctors on Grey's Anatomy are all hot. That's why the police in Chicago PD get into a gun fight every week (police rarely shoot their weapons). That's why shows like Scandal where the +very 馃敟 president of the US was having an affair with his smokin hot secretary. If they showed the reality of those situations, those shows would be boring and would last 2 weeks.
Agree. At the same time there used to be shows that depicted marital life as perfectly harmonious. There may still be, I don't watch the chick channels.

It's almost as though entertainment isn't entirely factual.

Registered
I wouldn't watch it because I read enough of these boards to know it's realistic. It's probably a lot more true to real life then some of the stories that real life betrayed husbands try to convince themselves about their wives to stay married to them.

Never watched the show, but I bet the husband turns out to be gay. That would fit the way Hollywood thinks.

Reactions: Rus47 and jsmart

Registered
this show the difference in cultures , it was a thing that was there but under the mat in many western cultures
here in France the man having a mistress was a normal thing and women were expect to be happy and understand that men need more sex

we had the fifty shades of gray 1,2,and 3 much the same thing different story lines but opening a side of real life with a Hollywood turn to it

these sides of real life are out there we just don't like to see them show it as normal part of life
if it was not there this forum would have nothing
many of our posters are here because of their lover still holding feelings for a ex

or we get up set when the one we love with 15 years let it silp once when talking to them that they had sex 3 or 4 times once with a patner before they met us in a night but in the time we are together we can only do it once , and we let it play on our mind ,
this is part of real life it might not be part of our life but it does not stop it from been part of others

1 - 20 of 74 Posts