Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw the thread on complaining about neighbors, but what if YOU'RE the one they're complaining about???

our first week in this apartment my hubs had friends over and she knocked on the door and they exchanged words.. she lives under us and they were walking too loudly.. apparently my hubs wasnt nice to her at all.

fast forward MONTHS... she sees me walking my dog and confronts me about what happened between her and my hubs. i told her i was sleeping in the other room.. didnt know what was said.. not gonna apologize for anyone other than myself.

fast forward again... she calls the leasing office complaining about ciggarette ashes falling onto her patio.

fast forward again... she calls the leasing office again because i'm walkig too loudly in my own apartment.

fast forward to yesterday. i was off. woke up in the afternoon.. cooked a dish for a pot luck at work. took a shower. this psycho knocked on my door. i looked in the peep hole, saw it wasnt my husband and went back to my bedroom. 10 minutes of knocking later i answer the door because she knows i'm home because she can hear me walking. i crack the door. hair wet from the shower and wearing my nighty that is up to my vag she tells me, "do you realize how thin your floor is?". i shut the door. she pounds on my door for 10 minutes. and finally shoves a note under my door.

i wrote the leasing office telling them she at my door for 20 minutes knocking and screaming through the door. they chatted.. thought everything was fixed.

OF COURSE my luck is amazing and i run into her into the parking lot walkig my dog today. i ask her to speak to the leasing office if she has a problem. i dont want to talk to her. i asked her to please leave me alone at least 10 times. she's not having it. wants a reason of why i walk to my kitchen so frequently. ???????????????? :scratchhead:

i emailed the leasing office again. i'm at a loss. this itch bay is driving me NUTS. she acts like i'm doing freakin river dance in my living room or something!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I had a neighbor below me like that once. He'd call me if my son woke up and toddled around on the floor @ 6 am. I told him that's what you get for having neighbors; feel free to move.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Lmao damn! You should tell her that if she doesn't want to hear someone walking around upstairs then she should move, buy her own house, ect. If she can't afford to then she should stfu and deal with it or go live in a box. Fyi gate had said this to a neighboor we had back when we had a 2 bedroom apartment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Maricha75

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
i saw the thread on complaining about neighbors, but what if YOU'RE the one they're complaining about???

our first week in this apartment my hubs had friends over and she knocked on the door and they exchanged words.. she lives under us and they were walking too loudly.. apparently my hubs wasnt nice to her at all.

fast forward MONTHS... she sees me walking my dog and confronts me about what happened between her and my hubs. i told her i was sleeping in the other room.. didnt know what was said.. not gonna apologize for anyone other than myself.

fast forward again... she calls the leasing office complaining about ciggarette ashes falling onto her patio.

fast forward again... she calls the leasing office again because i'm walkig too loudly in my own apartment.

fast forward to yesterday. i was off. woke up in the afternoon.. cooked a dish for a pot luck at work. took a shower. this psycho knocked on my door. i looked in the peep hole, saw it wasnt my husband and went back to my bedroom. 10 minutes of knocking later i answer the door because she knows i'm home because she can hear me walking. i crack the door. hair wet from the shower and wearing my nighty that is up to my vag she tells me, "do you realize how thin your floor is?". i shut the door. she pounds on my door for 10 minutes. and finally shoves a note under my door.

i wrote the leasing office telling them she at my door for 20 minutes knocking and screaming through the door. they chatted.. thought everything was fixed.

OF COURSE my luck is amazing and i run into her into the parking lot walkig my dog today. i ask her to speak to the leasing office if she has a problem. i dont want to talk to her. i asked her to please leave me alone at least 10 times. she's not having it. wants a reason of why i walk to my kitchen so frequently. ???????????????? :scratchhead:

i emailed the leasing office again. i'm at a loss. this itch bay is driving me NUTS. she acts like i'm doing freakin river dance in my living room or something!
"Because it's either that or puke all day in my bathroom. Which would you prefer to hear?"

Next time, tell her that if you were STOMPING thru the apartment all day, you could see some justification for getting upset. But just because she seems to think that all overweight people fit a stereotype, doesn't make her right. Just because you (or even I) are overweight, doesn't mean you are sitting on your ass all day long. And tell her to get over it. (ok, maybe leave out the stereotype comments lol) Now, if it is a REAL problem, have two people from the leasing office come over...one to her apartment and one to yours. One to hear IF it is as loud as she implies, the other to verify that you aren't "cheating" by sitting down. ;)

Now, if her complaints are unfounded, tell her, with the leasing agents there, that if she doesn't stop harassing you, you will bring charges against her for it.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Just smile and say " Would you like like it to get worse? " Then walk away. Buy heavy boots and jog in place.

Reactions: moxy

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luckily she didn't say anything about my weight... I probably would have popped her tires or something. Im about to bust out some heels and jog in place. I told her today about the concept of gravity and she should move to the top floor if she had a problem...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
She'd really hate if you started an exercise program at home.... hey there's an idea!

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Oh oh do mine! Taebo cardio explosion... lots of jumping and moving around with that one!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
she acts like i'm doing freakin river dance in my living room or something!
Buy tap shoes...Give the bag something to REALLY complain about..Tell you're going to tap dance for 10 minutes a day as a reminder of the time she knocked on your door for 10 straight minutes...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I would have told her either STFU or GTFO!

Or my all time favie: Suck it up buttercup!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahahaha.... All these ideas are awesome! Damn, i wish i could "like" all these on my phone!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Buy tap shoes...Give the bag something to REALLY complain about..Tell you're going to tap dance for 10 minutes a day as a reminder of the time she knocked on your door for 10 straight minutes...
:iagree: LOL, this is great!

I like to complain about my nosy neighbor, but really he is not as bad as your neighbor is, so I should be thankful from now on. My neighbor always knows when we're home, when we leave, our schedules, it's just kind of creepy. Although, as weird and odd as he is, he doesn't bother us much. He just creeps me out to be honest. Although I am glad he doesn't bang on our door for being too noisy.

Oh, the joys of apartment living. :rofl:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Even when our kids all leave home I think I will stay in a house.
As a rental mangager, I hated the calls from neighbours of units I managed. Most of them were very petty. You really just feel like saying go build a bridge & get over it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know the feeling. Our downstairs neighbours are screamers, but they feel like their screaming and their kids' screaming is somehow 'justified' or 'okay' because of the CRAZY LOUD things we do in our apartment, like walk from room to room, use a Wii Fit to exercise, and get in and out of bed (we're WILD over here, right?).

I understand it's all a part of apartment living, but it never seems fair to me. People get crapped on even when trying to be quiet, and some people seem free to be as loud as they want and complaining does nothing.

And we just signed up for another year here!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Buy a basketball.

When she come up to complain, muss up your hair, open the door a crack, and in your best horrorfied voice ask "Oh God, do you know how to get blood stains out of carpet!?"

Then slam the door and scream "Damn, another witness!".

Reactions: stritle

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
The only sane way to deal with crazy people is shove the throttles all the way to the stop pin.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think bottom apartment people think the people above are being louder then they actually are. This is exactly why i always made sure i had a top floor apartment or no one living above me.

I started the other neighbor thread. I am a perfect neighbor and very quite. My neighbors are the problem....not me :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Oh man, I'm so very sorry! I had a horrid neighbor that would continuously scream at the top of her lungs at me. Her children were bullies to mine. She threatened to call the police on us several times for who knows what. Luckily they moved! They put their garden and dog fence on our property. Their dog bit my daughter on our land. It was awful. I can totally sympathize with you.

Hopefully, this lady will move or stop bugging you. Your definitely doing the right thing by ignoring her. You may have to get the police involved to put a restraining order on her. She can't go around harassing you like this. It's unfair to live like this. I wish you the best of luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.