Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just learned that my husband was a victim of child sexual abuse by a man and a girl. I have wondered for a while if he may be attracted to men and have felt that he is not really attracted to me as a woman. I asked him if he is attracted to men and he says he is not sure. He says he loves me and wants me and the family, but is really confuses. He is in therapy and so am I. Has anyone else been in this situation? I want him to by happy and I want to be happy. We have three young children and I do not want to upset the family, At the same time I want to be married to someone who is attracted to me and vice versa. What are your thoughts? Is it the abuse or is he homosexual?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
We don't have anywhere NEAR enough information to tell you that, Wide awake! Sorry.

It is good that you are both in therapy. I'm assuming this is relatively new (the therapy). Give it a good 6 months of Individual Counseling for your husband and see where he is then. At that time, it might be appropriate to talk about Couples Counseling.

Check with BOTH your therapists and see what everyone thinks.

Good luck, honey! Hang in there an know that therapy IS the CORRECT FIRST STEP for both of you.

*hugs*

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
It sounds like he is being as honest with you as he can, and really is confused. I know it's tough to go through this, and there are times you may think, "How can someone not know what they find attractive?"

Are you both in individual counseling or is this marital counseling that is temporarily seeing you separately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.