Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Having sex every other day is still a healthy sex life first off, so don't feel like your sex life is not great from a frequency standpoint. But there are a few things to consider here.

First, I'm sure you've heard the term "honeymoon" period at the start of a marriage. Well this is what you are experiencing now. It's natural to feel more of that animal magnetism at the beginning because it's the first feelings you two shared when you first met. Lust is normal at the beginning of the relationship. Over time, it's natural for your love to mature, and it's no longer built on pure lust or physical attraction. Sure, the attraction part has to be a part of it, but you have to also incorporate other things into your life now as you and your wife continue to build your marriage. So it's natural for the high level of lust to wane; however, you have to manage it so that your wife doesn't lose all physical attraction to you. From what you wrote, I think she is still attracted to you.

Second, be grateful that your wife is willing to make love to you even if you don't think that you are in the mood. Unless she's rolling her eyes at your advances, sighing heavily as she follows you into the bedroom, etc...she wants to have sex with you still even if she is "not 100% into it" because she loves you. She realizes that sex is a need for you and that she loves you enough to want to satisfy your needs. Be happy that your wife thinks of you that highly. The two of you probably reached a natural compromise on sex.

So the goal is continue to make sure that - along with all of the other components of your relationship - that the two of you continue to keep a strong physical attraction to each other. That means you need to ensure that you are projecting a confident attitude that shows your wife that you value yourself. You also need to keep in reasonable shape from a physical standpoint. Also, try to figure out the things you do for her that let her feel that you truly love her. Does she like physical touch, you helping out around the house - whatever it is (5 languages of love). I haven't used that resource personally only because my wife and I communicate very well. We tell each other what we like and don't like about our relationship regularly, and we both try to work to make it better.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.