Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive been divorced 2 years and my girlfriend has been divoced about the same. We have bben dating 1.8 years.
Things have progressivly gotten more serious. She has a good relationship with her ex and I dont with mine.
Bottom line is that I havent met the guy and I prefer that we start new traditions, like we all have holidays and birthdays together and her ex and his family have there traditions and parties. She wants to plan her sons birthday at a "pump-n-play" and invite her ex and her ex's family. I dont think we should. Im very close to the little guy and I think we should have a party for him with her side of the family and us and the ex have his own. She thinks Im being inmature.
Please help me understabnd

·
Super Moderator
8,291 Posts
Welcome to co-mingled families.

You need to decide what is tolerable, and/or intolerable to YOU.

You said it yourself in another one of your threads. She and her ex are going to be in one another's lives to some degree, almost always ... and moreso as they raise young kids while divorced.

You? You're a part-timer. There is no telling if you will be around in six months, let alone in 10 years.

Choose your battles. Any new partner that wanted to redefine how my ex and I conduct our co-parenting with our kids wouldn't remain a partner for very long.

·
Registered
450 Posts
As much as I still can't stand my ex (divorced 19+ years ago) anytime we had any kind of party (birthday, graduation, etc) planned for our sons, the ex & his family were invited. This is done for the kids' sake, not for the adults.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.