Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my wife and I have not been the closest. Blame it on our busy jobs, kids, or whatever. We have not been the close intimate couple we once were. We have been married for 6 years and have pretty successful lives.

Recently she has been playing an online game and has almost become consumed with it. She has pulled away from me, and even gives significantly less attention to our children because of it.

Now she has met two men, who do not live near us, that she interacts with constantly in the game. It stated out as just game talk, but soon progressed into more. Now she has given out her cell phone number number and calls and txt messages him regularly.

I expressed my concerns on what she was doing, feeling as though she was seeking out attention from these other men. I listen very carefully and pay close attention to how they interact and they are flirting lightly. But that is when I'm around and can only hear her half of the conversation. I know she has told him all about our problems and insists he is just a friend, but I can't help but to feel as though she is seeking attention for him. All the while she is increasingly getting mad at me because she doesn't understand why I would get upset. She has also pushed the why don't you trust me point.

I know my wife very well and she says she has done nothing out of line. But I can also tell she is lying. Everytime I bring it up or see what is going on and get upset it causes a fight. Should I be ok with what she is doing hoping that she is just looking for some other friendships? Or am I justified in being concerned?

·
Registered
57 Posts
My husband (and I occasionally) play an online game similar to that one. If it's the one I think it is, I understand the need to communicate (in game) with others. My hubby has made some really good friends through it. I know it's weird but you end up spending alot of time online with these people (kind of like this forum) and because it's real time instant messaging and repuires teamwork, it's even easier to form bonds with your fellow players. I don't think the txting and giving out cell phone #'s is necessary though. I know someone who had an emotional affair with a fellow player and damn near ruined her marriage! I think you're justified in being concerned with the neglect of your children while she's playing the game (that's why I don't play it as often as my husband...the kids need mommy) and I think you're justified in being concerned with the txting and talking on the phone (they are men that she's txting and gave her cell # to, right??) If it's a woman she gave her # to, then leave that part alone, she just made a new girlfriend who shares the game interest (which is rare!). I wouldn't be concerned about the online game itself though. I hope this helps!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts