Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,I just joined this and have never joined any online forum before-but I am uncomfortable talking about my marital problems with people I know, I really do not have close family and have alot of "friends" that I do not confide personal problems with-so I thought I would like different opinions about this.
My husband works very hard,and puts in alot of hours at his job.He is a commercial driver that is on a tough time schedule with deliveries and puts in 60 hrs a week.A few months ago, he actually took off a saturday to celebrate our wedding anniversay of 23 yrs, to do something special that night. On that day, I recieved a call from a stranger that my husband was having an affair and to look at my cell phone records.I felt like I was Punched!!!!I did not believe it but looked online anyway.I found the same number 10 to 20 times in one day.When I confronted my husband-he admitted he was talking to one of these woman in a warehouse he delivered to,but it did not mean anything,there was nothing there!it was just something to do to pass the time!I They had coffeee together but it was not anything But The phone calls started the minute he left our house in the morning,and ended the minute he entered our home.I cannot believe he had a secret relationsip that he lied and covered every day! I called the woman up and ended the phone calls-he claims he loves me ,and that it was just a mistake-forgive him!well I am having a problem with trust,and feeling betrayed1 What can I do/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

I know the feeling. I'm going through that right now. I just found out that my husband cheated on me, and he first denied it, then admitted it.It has been now 2 weeks since I found out this information and since this we have had nothing but problems, because of the trust. I don't trust him at ALL. As a matter of fact there are times I think he is still doing it, but just in a secret way and smarter way. I've been told to really watch his actions now and pay close attention to what he is doing. I have 2 lovely kids that need me and I really don't have the time to pay attention to all of his actions. I do watch things, but not to a tee. If you love him, then yes give him a chance to prove himself, but he really needs to prove himself because he was the one who broke the trust. I believe that if a man is truely sorry for what he has done, then he would do what it takes to bring you back to where your relationship was a one point. I'm praying everyday, that I can regain trust in him, but sometimes I doubt myself more than anything, because I think that I might ruin the relationship with me not trusting anything about him.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't see how he thought his saying that it was "just to pass the time" would be reassuring. His work should be occupying his time.

You have to decide what to do on your own though. Everyone has their own thresholds, and maybe this is something you won't be able to live with since he basically spends most of his waking hours on the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts