Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I have been married almost three years, and the last 10 months have been really hard for us, including a few times when I considered leaving.
I am more glad than I can say that I stuck it out, and things are at the stage now where we both acknowledge we are ready to focus on building our relationship again.
We have committed to starting up our 'date night' again, and while we will probably do the usual movies, bowling, walks, drives etc, I am looking for ideas for activities that will really help rebuild the intimacy between us. You can sit next to someone for 4 hours and still know nothing more about them.
I suppose I am thinking of things like quizzes, games, conversations... anything! I'd really love to hear what people have tried, and how it has worked for you.
THANKS! ^_^

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Volunteer together.... it makes you feel good, it makes you proud of yourself and your spouse, I'd think it would bring you together.

Find a hobby you can share... something that gets you out of the house, interacting with other couples.

Start a project together... so after dinner you go window shopping or whatever for ideas.

Take turns planning date night... maybe you'll appreciate each other's efforts.

H and I have a long standing date nite... every Friday. We always do Mexican food and margaritas... but the point is, nothing stops Date Nite!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.