Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I’m happy with how I look. Would I love to lose some jiggle in places? Yes! Is my body perfect? No but nothing is.

As far as lingerie goes, it makes me feel a bit goofy but I think that’s because I’m more of a tomboy and have never been one to “dress up”. Sexy bras and panties I do but in teddies and such I don’t feel like me.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm satisfied with my body. I'd like to get rid of spider veins on my legs and I'd like to lift my butt, but after having two kids, I'm happy I still turn my husband on if I walk naked.

I feel awesome wearing lingerie! But my husband doesn't really like it. He likes me naked!

I wear comfortable underwear. Cotton panties are my favorite.

I have fancy bras and panties but they don't feel comfortable to me.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well I don’t like the way I look naked. I never have, even when I was younger and thinner. I also don’t think there is anything I can do to get myself to like myself naked. Even if I got breast implants, and lost a lot of weight... I just don’t feel comfortable stark naked.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I use to write in my journal things like... if I can just lose X amount of pounds and be X weight then I will be happy with my body. And I’ve reached those goals, and I still was never happy. It was interesting readying back on it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well actually I'm not the gender police. I was trying to point out to the OP that some women may not answer as the thread is already overtly become voyeuristic. While every woman who might respond should realize on an internet forum others will read it.

When a thread asking honestly about how vulnerable or safe you feel when naked has one of the first two posts ask for pictures then you probably aren't going to get many of the women answering who aren't happy naked.

That being said No worries attacking me. I"m out of here an won't bother you again.
dont leave TAM over one douche bag making comments. You contribute a lot to good conversation. Just ignore the stupid people

·
Super Moderator
8,487 Posts
I'm a woman....at least I was last time I checked 😅

I love being naked. Is my body perfect? Of course not.....I'm 46 and have two kids.

But it's pretty freaking good. A lot of you know what I do training wise and I don't supplement (well maybe a caffeine gel before I run long). I was fortunate to get an hourglass figure, though I've never been able to pull off a 6 pack 😁

I finished a race last year and a girl who couldn't have been out of her teens commented that when she got older she wanted a body like mine. Made my year.

Since we're on TAM where the TMI bar is high I'll say that I like being on top so bf can have a good view. He seems to like it......

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
I want a honest conversation from the ladies. How many of you like the way you look naked? Full on naked. How many of you like the way you look in lingerie?
I think I'm fairly 'average' in appearance and body shape. Although this may sound like a contradiction, despite taking care with makeup and how I present, I don't typically spend much time in front of the mirror. So when I see myself naked or wearing underwear/lingerie, I don't linger in front of the mirror long enough to think too much about it. Partly, it's a way of squashing down the insecurities that I know are there if I choose to focus on them; and partly, that I have a level of acceptance to know that rationally, some thoughts are a load of nonsense / wasted energy.

However, I do instead focus on the way I feel... and that is typically comfortable in my skin and as a sexual being. With my man, I feel confident whether naked, or I'm wearing lingerie, or day-to-day basics, or whatever. No doubt this is a combination of my personality, alongside his reaction to me, and how we are towards one another.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
And there’s a reason so many people at a nudist beach are old. Age helps you accept what your body is or looks like. You begin to realize it never really mattered that much to begin with ;)

And I do LOVE being naked! Some of the fondest memories in my entire life were snorkeling naked in Jamaica. I can’t wait to go again!! The ultimate feeling of freedom.

sigh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I want a honest conversation from the ladies. How many of you like the way you look naked? Full on naked. How many of you like the way you look in lingerie?
I'm 58yo and have never loved the way I look, but here's the thing: my body is what it is. I'm very short, but I'm not thin. I don't love my tummy area. But by the same token, my lovely little bod has birthed babies, and I am AWESOME to hug. I have curves, curves and more curves. I have strong legs. I have great boobs. And I am not afraid of being full on naked...in fact I much prefer it to lingerie. Seems silly to put a bunch of stuff on just so it can be taken off! LOL :p So I prefer to be skyclad and turn them lights on! I am comfortable in my own skin.

·
Premium Member
14,571 Posts
deleted-

·
Premium Member
14,571 Posts
Deleted-

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sometimes i LOVE and sometimes i HATEEEE (especially when i feel the emotional distance betwen us both).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I think we all tend to be our own worst critics.

I'm not 100% happy with how I look. I am trying to make peace with myself, mentally, and then also physically.

I have some health issues that make it hard to live in this body sometimes. To avoid total mental breakdown I try to focus on what my body can do, what it is capable of, rather than what I look like.

I follow a lot of accounts on facebook and Instagram of people who are fighting various diseases or cancer. I find in inspirational to see people fighting something 100x worse than what I deal with and how they cope. Overwhelmingly what I see from them is perspective. Being grateful for their health and for being alive.

I try to think that way. So I try to reconcile what I WANT to feel for myself vs. the actual thoughts I have as a knee jerk reaction when I look in the mirror.

I also have a young daughter and it is so important to me that she doesn't grow to hate herself or hate her body.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
I use to write in my journal things like... if I can just lose X amount of pounds and be X weight then I will be happy with my body. And I’ve reached those goals, and I still was never happy. It was interesting readying back on it.
I've always been skinny. As a child, I was so skinny I got teased and kids called me "sack of bones" and "dragonfly." "Dragonfly" has been my nickname since I can remember. As a child it hurt me, but now I always laugh when I hear someone calling me dragonfly.

As a teenager I've wished for bigger boobs, bigger butt, bigger hips, because my friends and female cousins had the right stuff, and I didn't.

Thankfully those wishes didn't stay long. I guess I'm too proud to let my insecurities take me down. I'm a proud dragonfly! Lol!

I realized life is too short to be worrying about my body size or shape. I wasn't perfect, but I felt confident about who I was as a whole person, and I realized I didn't really care about what others thought of me.

I keep enjoying life, and my body is aging but I really don't care because I'm still having fun!

·
Registered
9,012 Posts
@pastasauce79 ...I have aligned 'dragonflies' with a positive image (although I understand that when you were teased, that was not the intention), yet not sure where that perception came from. I did a quick google and first result I got was the following:

In almost every part of the world, the Dragonfly symbolizes change, transformation, adaptability, and self-realization. The change that is often referred to has its source in mental and emotional maturity and understanding the deeper meaning of life. . . By living in the moment you are aware of who you are, where you are, what you are doing, what you want, what you don’t, and to make informed choices on a moment-to-moment basis.

·
Registered
669 Posts
@pastasauce79 ...I have aligned 'dragonflies' with a positive image (although I understand that when you were teased, that was not the intention), yet not sure where that perception came from. I did a quick google and first result I got was the following:

In almost every part of the world, the Dragonfly symbolizes change, transformation, adaptability, and self-realization. The change that is often referred to has its source in mental and emotional maturity and understanding the deeper meaning of life. . . By living in the moment you are aware of who you are, where you are, what you are doing, what you want, what you don’t, and to make informed choices on a moment-to-moment basis.
Oh wow! I think that description fits me completely!

Thank you for sharing it! ❤

·
Registered
9,332 Posts
In my 60's I am ok with how I look. Could do with loosing some weight which I am working on now, but for a woman heading towards her mid 60's who has had 3 very big babies I look fine. Skin good, (hardly any wrinkles, thank you mum), boobs not too saggy, hair a nice natural colour(stopped dying it a year ago) and generally I am ok with my body. Of course that may be because of my age I just dont care what others think of my looks (apart from my husband) and I spent almost no time comparing myself to others, or doing things that include seeing photos of models, actresses, pop stars, or so called 'influencers' who seem so plastic and unnatural with their lip and face fillers, thick thick make up and cosmetic surgery. Give me a nice natural girl any day.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts