Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one lasts longer (before hair grows back). Waxing is such a big production but lasts so long. I cant remember how long nair lasted for me...havent used it in awhile.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Waxing lasts longer. I use nair on my young daughter because its safer and painless but it doesn't last that long. Couple weeks maybe? I just started using it on her so I haven't figured out how often it needs to be done yet.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems like the both remove the hair at the root level...so thats what i dont get. Bc i do remember nair not lasting Very long

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Got a nasty chemical burn from Nair once, never used it again.

Never done waxing, I'm stuck with razor.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Nair doesn't get the root, only just below the surface level which is why its smoother than shaving. Waxing if done properly should last longer, but lots of cheap places rush through it, have poor technique and ending up with a lot of breakage, in which case they don't get all the roots either. Also with waxing, first session misses all the new growth that is shorter so those roots will still be there right after too.

My ex was an esthetician, in case you're wondering how I know all this stuff.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wax at home. I first thought i could teach my DH to do it but after doing it myself first i realized he could very easily screw it up. ACK! And yes....you can go wrong with a razor!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm so glad I'm not a woman. LOL
There was a guy at work who shaves his head, he decided to try nair instead. He said his scalp bled for 3 hrs.

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wax at home. I first thought i could teach my DH to do it but after doing it myself first i realized he could very easily screw it up. ACK! And yes....you can go wrong with a razor!
Really the razor is easy to work with and quick too. Well for me the wax was hard to use. So I pay to get my waxing done.

·
Super Moderator
29,656 Posts
I'm so glad I'm not a woman. LOL
There was a guy at work who shaves his head, he decided to try nair instead. He said his scalp bled for 3 hrs.
Thanks for the tip, Joe. My bald head will continue to be shaved.:D

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
When the hair grows back after waxing, don't you have to let it get to 1/4" before you can do it again? So the wax has something to hold onto?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.