Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last month my wife has been acting very distant and quiet and overall strange. If asking her what was wrong I would get the standard answer, "nothing, I'm fine". Being a little tired of the behavior and feeling suspicious I started looking around her thing and 4 days ago I came across an email address. Being that she uses the same password for everything I logged in and found a serious of extremely sexual emails and photos being sent back and forth between her and another man she'd meet online. She was going by a different name and age and basically seemed to be acting as if she were someone else. I confronted her about this and she swore that she never had any intention of meeting him and that she was doing it to feel like someone wanted her and she claimed that I hadn't been showing her enough attention. I was devastated by all of this. We spent a few days discussing what has gone on and after that time frame she seems full of joy that I've forgiven her and have moved past it. The only thing is, I'm not past it. I don't know how to be. Even though she swears she would never do it again I just don't believe her. We've been together for 2 years and married for only 4 months. How do I get past this? How do I ever trust her again? I have no idea if anything between them would have happened if I hadn't found out...by the emails it seems like they never met even though he kept begging to meet her. In one email she said maybe they could meet in a month. What should I do?

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Do not let her know you saw it. Buy atleast 2 vars voice activated recorders velcro 1 in her car first then maybe one in bathroom and/or bedroom. Sorry that you are here and assume it's gone physical with how distant she is. Only married 4 months look at an annulment if you don't want to reconcile.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Keylog the PC, yesterday.
Take a calendar:
Check up the phone bill, since the red flags arised, even further earlier.
Check up the back ac****s, missing time.

Do it all under her back. She's a lier, you can't catch a liar being nice. Nad think about keeping the snooping tools in place for a while.
Then demand fulll transparence, passwords, pins, etc.

Usualy what we catch is just the tip if the icerberg. At least find out how deep is the rabbit hole. Be smart enugh to do it.

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
Keylog the PC, yesterday.
Take a calendar:
Check up the phone bill, since the red flags arised, even further earlier.
Check up the back ac****s, missing time.

Do it all under her back. She's a lier, you can't catch a liar being nice. Nad think about keeping the snooping tools in place for a while.
Then demand fulll transparence, passwords, pins, etc.

Usualy what we catch is just the tip if the icerberg. At least find out how deep is the rabbit hole. Be smart enugh to do it.
Keylogger also for the pc

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
For the last month my wife has been acting very distant and quiet and overall strange. If asking her what was wrong I would get the standard answer, "nothing, I'm fine". Being a little tired of the behavior and feeling suspicious I started looking around her thing and 4 days ago I came across an email address. Being that she uses the same password for everything I logged in and found a serious of extremely sexual emails and photos being sent back and forth between her and another man she'd meet online. She was going by a different name and age and basically seemed to be acting as if she were someone else. I confronted her about this and she swore that she never had any intention of meeting him and that she was doing it to feel like someone wanted her and she claimed that I hadn't been showing her enough attention. I was devastated by all of this. We spent a few days discussing what has gone on and after that time frame she seems full of joy that I've forgiven her and have moved past it. The only thing is, I'm not past it. I don't know how to be. Even though she swears she would never do it again I just don't believe her. We've been together for 2 years and married for only 4 months. How do I get past this? How do I ever trust her again? I have no idea if anything between them would have happened if I hadn't found out...by the emails it seems like they never met even though he kept begging to meet her. In one email she said maybe they could meet in a month. What should I do?
Of course you are not past it. This is called "rug sweeping" I have no doubt you still have questions for her, in which she should be required to answer. In order to ever trust her, you need the whole truth.

Now that you know about this, be alert that she may go "underground", which is to say that she will continue this contact, but via other means.

I also note that she was "blame shifting". To make it appear that it's YOUR fault for failing to give her more attention. Careful of that as well. Her activities are solely HER fault.

And, of course, she outright lied to you about not planning on meeting anyone.

Does she have a cell phone? You might want to check on her calls/texts. Put a keylogger on the computer as well. Do not tell her you are doing any of that. It's possible she will find other means to contact and continue with the OM.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Is it possible for you to get the marriage annulled? Not to sound harsh but the probability of a woman staying faithful is very very small, especially if she's already indulging in something like this even before the honeymoon period is up let alone waiting for the seven year itch to come.

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
Monitor? Screw that...
4 months of marriage and cheating already? No kids? Run from this situation before you waste years in pain dude.

Not paying enough attention? Are you kidding me? So next time you have a heavy load of work she is going to bang a stranger in a parking lot or something?

Is there something this woman is that you can't find in another woman minus the hoe behavior?

·
Registered
466 Posts
What's a good keylogger you guys use?

·
Premium Member
10,656 Posts
:iagree::D
Monitor? Screw that...
4 months of marriage and cheating already? No kids? Run from this situation before you waste years in pain dude.

Not paying enough attention? Are you kidding me? So next time you have a heavy load of work she is going to bang a stranger in a parking lot or something?

Is there something this woman is that you can't find in another woman minus the hoe behavior?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Monitor? Screw that...

Could not agree more:iagree:

·
Registered
392 Posts
You gotta love the excuse that she needed attention but just married this man four months ago.

I am assuming you have no children and have your entire life ahead of you. I cannot think of one good reason to try and work this out but if you want to...

You need evidence. Use the suggestions already posted here and get in gear.

You need to be patient since you already busted her once. It could take awhile for her to start her crap up again.

·
Banned
918 Posts
I'm sorry, but 4 months in and she's doing this?

Run. Run for the hills. Run like Forrest Gump. Do not pass go. Don't collect £200 or $200 or 200 of wherever you live.

I know this sounds harsh but surely this is a bad sign. You should still be infatuated with one another - not sending pictures and sexual suggestions to another party.

Cheating so early on in a marriage is a massively bad sign. Read up about it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Monitor? Screw that...

:iagree:

I stand corrected. I didn't realize they were newlyweds until I read the first post again.

·
Banned
7,548 Posts
Look dude, I know you want answers and solutions, but 4 months! Yikes!
Imagine you weren't you and somebody was telling you about this.
What would be your advice?
Personally I would at least look at getting the paperwork for annulment sorted.
If she really really wants to remain married look at some sort of post nup agreement.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Windows 7 mostly.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.