Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is adam. my wife and i love eachother very much but do to my past mistakes. i can do anything to help her to be more happy in our relationship. i cant even leave for afew hours to do anything. she has a very insucure attitude towards me i cant even discuss our relationship with any one even on the net wit out being acused of cheating. evry time we fight i can get a word in because she shuts me out. i need help to find a way to brind us back together please.thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I Had Drug Problem In The Past And Left Her Home Alone At Night Too Many Times. It Set Up A Lot Of Doubt But That Was Years Ago And Changed My Ways. I Exepected Some Resentment But It Has Been Years Now. I Ve Done A 180

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Did she ever go into a program like similar to al-anon? Addictions tend to be long lasting and you can always slip. My father-in-law was 18 years sober and slipped after all that time and started over once again. She shouldn't still hold it against you as that isn't fair but there is a huge difference between forgiving and forgetting.

draconis

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Atomic - good that you found your way here. If you've looked through the forums a bit, then you know that you're not alone and that lots of others are going through sh*tty situations. Misery loves company, right?

The problem in the past was drugs, but now you are living without them, is that right? And this is also clear to your wife, isn't it? I'm assuming that your life together has changed quite a bit in the past, but she still seems to be holding on to some fears.

When you need some time for yourself, does your wife know where you are going/what you're up to? What about including her once or twice just so that she knows what's going on.

You said that this drug situation ended a few years ago - this is really a long time for her to still be worried. How open is your communication?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm wondering whether your wife looks upon her checking up on you as a way of protecting you from yourself. In other words, she thinks she's helping you.

There's a big difference between having a drug problem and cheating though. Any idea where her insecurities about your faithfulness have come from? Has she always been like this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.