Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
This thread makes me so happy I'm not the only man-child of this forum 馃槃

You mean your whole entertainment industry nowadays and the shoehorning of social justice and token diversity?

Our hopes now lie with Cyberpunk in November to reinvigorate the global industry and thank the heavens they aren't from your country (no offense - you know what I'm talking about lol)
Preachy movies like that remind me when I was a church and they would show movies. I don't mind a moral, even I if I don't agree with your politics, but when it takes me out the story I'm done.

Premium Member
My main character was a vanguard, I used to do the charge thing when you fly across the screen when my enemy's were low and then beat them to death. Good times.
Remember the Colossus when recruiting Tali on ME2? You can charge it straight away all the way across the battlefield and its an actual tactic lol

Preachy movies like that remind me when I was a church and they would show movies. I don't mind a moral, even I if I don't agree with your politics, but when it takes me out the story I'm done.
Morals are inbedded in every story, and I agree like you said - it shouldn't be shoehorned. Directors for both movies and games these days seem to have a criteria to tick off for wokeness, sarkeesian-feminism, LGBT and diversity. Which sure, if thats the story you want to tell, ok.

But when they intrude into an otherwise unpolluted story and even change the established lore to accommodate it just annoys the hell out of me.

Premium Member
In other news, have you guys heard the news about CDPR and their apparent "crunch". So the media outlets trying to create a sh-tstorm but I don't get it...

6 weeks of an extra 8 hours work per week (Mon-Sat), paid for, and 10% of annual profit shared between all employees?
Lemme do the maths here... CDPR made $125 million in 2019 (year with no large releases) and has ~1100 employees. So for 48 hours work, they have 11-12K extra at a minimal (Cyberpunk bound to be tons bigger)
In other words - 48 hours work, excluding overtime, a total of $250 / hr (total figure bound to be much, much higher)

The fk is wrong with these snowflakes who are complaining? 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I had no idea this is a thing 鈥 couples playing together, and bonding over it. Sounds fun. Good to know.
For Batman's birthday this year, I set up the front room with decorations, candy at the ready, and other silliness with a gaming day in mind. We had fun playing fighting and driving games on the PS4.

He's currently playing Division 2 (which he does while I'm studying).

Reactions: Cromer

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
In other news, have you guys heard the news about CDPR and their apparent "crunch". So the media outlets trying to create a sh-tstorm but I don't get it...

6 weeks of an extra 8 hours work per week (Mon-Sat), paid for, and 10% of annual profit shared between all employees?
Lemme do the maths here... CDPR made $125 million in 2019 (year with no large releases) and has ~1100 employees. So for 48 hours work, they have 11-12K extra at a minimal (Cyberpunk bound to be tons bigger)
In other words - 48 hours work, excluding overtime, a total of $250 / hr (total figure bound to be much, much higher)

The fk is wrong with these snowflakes who are complaining? 馃う鈥嶁檪锔
I pay zero attention to game journalists. CDPR employees VOTED to do the extra hours, that part was left out of many published stories. Game journalism has mostly become woke, clickbaity trash, unfortunately.

Premium Member
I pay zero attention to game journalists. CDPR employees VOTED to do the extra hours, that part was left out of many published stories. Game journalism has mostly become woke, clickbaity trash, unfortunately.
Aye! Easy extra $10-20K+ working six Saturdays!!! Just can't get my head around the snowflakes.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts