Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.

This is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You can't track when someone "LOOKS" at your stories or pictures.
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.

Yes, on Facebook you can see who viewed your story. This how I found out. " My mother" viewed every one of my stories.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
It isn't uncommon for an anyone's ex to snoop through their FB page. If you're absolutely convinced it's him, you can change your profile settings and block his view of your newsfeed without blocking your mother's account. But if he's blaming you for the marriage failure, you can bet it the reason he's still snooping around isn't good. What you post on social media can be used against you in any capacity.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts

Can YOU see who has viewed your Facebook Wall, albums and other elements of your account?

If yes, could tell us the keystrokes as to where to find that info on our accounts?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Can YOU see who has viewed your Facebook Wall, albums and other elements of your account?

If yes, could tell us the keystrokes as to where to find that info on our accounts?
I don't believe that it is possible to see who viewed the other parts of your account. As far as I know, facebook stories are the only things where facebook lets you know who viewed them.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
I don't believe that it is possible to see who viewed the other parts of your account. As far as I know, facebook stories are the only things where facebook lets you know who viewed them.
What is "facebook stories?"

I don't see how anyone can view one's photo albums without going into a person's account that they have made public or available to that account's "freinds."

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
What is "facebook stories?"

I don't see how anyone can view one's photo albums without going into a person's account that they have made public or available to that account's "freinds."
"Facebook stories" are a new feature that they added a few months ago. They are similar to Instagram stories. A story is a special kind of content that only lasts 24 hours and then goes away. When I log into facebook on the computer, the first thing in my newsfeed below the "Create Post" section is something called "Stories". In that section I can create my own story and I can see the stories that my friends have posted. Clicking on one of my friends stories would open it up and let me see the video or picture that they put into the story. That would also update the stats on their end and they would know that I watched the story.

Other things like photo albums, status updates, profile page, don't have the tracking. You can view them without the owner knowing you viewed them.

Let that be a warning to everyone. If you are cyber-stalking someone, don't click on their story! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks @wilson for your clarification.

It's not cyberstalking if you don't contact them. All the information made available is by choice by that person.

I shared my stories with my friends and family, including my mother. I didn't know he was able to break into her account. I changed the password together with my mother and logged her off all devices. I am not confortable knowing my ex is viewing what I post. I don't know anything about his life, so why should he know my life?

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's worth noting that there is such a thing as criminal computer trespass in some jurisdictions. That kind of snooping is really troubling.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
It's worth noting that there is such a thing as criminal computer trespass in some jurisdictions. That kind of snooping is really troubling.
What does it entail. does it go after employers who somehow manage to study someone's online activity before the job interview?

·
Registered
96 Posts
What does it entail. does it go after employers who somehow manage to study someone's online activity before the job interview?
No, it usually is designed to go after people who log into secured systems where they know they are unauthorized to be. Much like having a key does not mean you are authorized to enter private property, knowing a password does not mean you are authorized to enter a private account.

It's actually not uncommon to use it to go after stalkers who try to break into a victim's social media to read her email, etc. A couple of Pennsylvania state troopers were taken to trial over it a few months ago when one of them thought it'd be fun to log in to an ex's Facebook from the barracks.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
My mother is not using her account. But she seems to look at my stories and is often online. Talked with her, she is not on fb and not looking at the stories I post.
If you know your mum's password, log into her account and change it, then tell her the new one.

Or, unfriend her. If she's not on there much it won't matter.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts