Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you remember me and my story. I have been married for 10 years, 2 kids, he was abusive, I got a restraining order against him. Now we are in the middle of a nasty divorce. He already moved on and has another relationship. He doesn't care about the kids, he rarely comes to see them. He blames me for the failure of the marriage. Lately I realised he is using my mother's fb account to check me up. I noticed this because my mum is never on fb and she has a very easy password. Someone used my mother's account to see my stories. It can only be my ex. Why does he do it? Does he still care? Or is just pure curiosity? I am wondering and a part of me wishes he still cared for me and the kids...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
He a child still, and not man enough to come right out and ask . He's using anything he can to use against you. Delete your mother's account and make her another with a simple pass word. He has made you co-dependent and your hope sadly is only one way. No you are already to a point where he show no change. Nip it in the bud.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Probably curiosity, or hoping to find something he can use against you to make the divorce uglier. It's really not that unusual to snoop on the ex/soon to be ex, people want to feel good about themselves and check that their life is better than the ex's.

If it was because he cared he would of reached out at least to the children.

Have your mom change her password.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Something you say on FB could be used against you in the divorce. Or just curiosity.

I would post something like this: “So much happier now! Never realized a man could please me like this. Finally a man equipped for the job. Finally a man who knows how to use it. No more faking for me! I feel so sorry for his new woman. Faking is no fun.”

See if he reacts. If so, you know he’s using your mom’s account.

No, he doesn’t care about you and the kids. His old family is divorcing him. He has a new family now.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
i hope by now you blocked him on your mom's account and changed the passwords....let's face it we live in a social media environment, while possible to live off the grid it is becoming harder. I would very much suggest you reconsider what you post for the time being, i would limit your connection to all social media until the divorce is over and for some time after that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think people stalk others on social media out of curiosity mostly, but your STBXH is probably also wondering if you're posting things specifically about him -- or about anything that pertains to your divorce. I know my XH did that and I knew it was because he was sure I was posting about his lying, cheating ass! . But nope, never did that even once. So hopefully you're not putting your personal business on FB --- while it is entertaining for everyone else, it's never a good idea, especially when you're in the middle of a divorce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mother is not using her account. But she seems to look at my stories and is often online. Talked with her, she is not on fb and not looking at the stories I post.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something you say on FB could be used against you in the divorce. Or just curiosity.

I would post something like this: “So much happier now! Never realized a man could please me like this. Finally a man equipped for the job. Finally a man who knows how to use it. No more faking for me! I feel so sorry for his new woman. Faking is no fun.”

No, he doesn’t care about you and the kids. His old family is divorcing him. He has a new family now.

He is not divorcing his kids...

·
Registered
16,584 Posts
I don't know if you remember me and my story. I have been married for 10 years, 2 kids, he was abusive, I got a restraining order against him. Now we are in the middle of a nasty divorce. He already moved on and has another relationship. He doesn't care about the kids, he rarely comes to see them. He blames me for the failure of the marriage. Lately I realised he is using my mother's fb account to check me up. I noticed this because my mum is never on fb and she has a very easy password. Someone used my mother's account to see my stories. It can only be my ex. Why does he do it? Does he still care? Or is just pure curiosity? I am wondering and a part of me wishes he still cared for me and the kids...
A loser's defense mechanism!

Get to a lawyer, start the wheels turning, and put him squarely in the rear-view mirror!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
My mother is not using her account. But she seems to look at my stories and is often online. Talked with her, she is not on fb and not looking at the stories I post.
You can't track when someone "LOOKS" at your stories or pictures.

Is he LIKING your posts or putting hearts on your posts using your mother's profile to do it? Is that what you mean?

Because otherwise, this whole thing doesn't make sense.

And quite honestly, I think you're hoping that's what's happening so you're reading into something that probably isn't even happening because you have no clue whose looking at your stuff. And unless he's purposely logging into your mother's account to gather intel for your upcoming divorce by looking at your stuff, you STILL wouldn't know he's doing it because you can't track it. I think you're reaching because you want to believe he's doing it.

And have your mother change her password. Why are you sitting around being OK with this ass-hole possibly infringing on your mother's privacy and supposedly logging into her FB account???? Why is that OK with you?

And as far as wishing he still cared, well that's just the victim in you talking. You haven't been away from your abuser long enough to be disgusted by him just yet. But you will.

I certainly hope you've put a child support order in place. That's the LAW, no matter how much he tries to bully you into not doing it. If you don't have one, GET one. Just because he's a complete failure as a father doesn't mean he's not responsible for the children he CHOSE to put on this earth.

·
Registered
567 Posts

danger will robinson, danger

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I agree with change the password. I only partially agree with things for divorce. Be very careful and do not post anything to FB especially dating, parties or anything containing men. I know this sucks, but abusive men can be extremely jealous and with a restraining order he might be chexking on you to justify hurting you.

I am not saying don't have fun, but don't post your story to FB right now.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Maybe a good time to shut down FB. Re-open it when the D is complete. Make it private at that point. In the meantime, call your mom instead. Or maybe make an Instagram account to share pics with your mom.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would suggest you close all of your social media
accounts. No online activity until past your divorce.
In your post you said he was abusive, and you got a
restraining order against him. He blames you for the
marriage failure also. He could be stalking you online.
Trying to figure out where you are going, with who or
anything else he can. Keep the restraining order in place!!

If your kids go to school make sure he cannot pick them up
without your permission. He may already have another relationship,
but he may ( I hope I am wrong!! ) be the type that just will not let it go.
Nasty divorce and all.

I do not mean to alarm you but better to be safe when dealing with this
type of individual. The kids will grow up and understand who has always
been there for them. (YOU ) They always do.

Take care

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
You can't track when someone "LOOKS" at your stories or pictures.
From what I've read, you can know who viewed your stories on facebook. You can see how many times they were viewed and who viewed them. That's different from pictures, videos, and status updates which you don't know anything unless someone interacts with it in some way, such as with a like or comment.

I believe Instagram also works the same way. You can see how many times and who viewed your stories, but you don't know who's just viewing the content in the feed.

But I'm just going off what I've read. I haven't actually created a story and seen what stats are reported.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts