Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Like someone else said, take video or photos of the dwelling after you have moved out and cleaned it and before you turn in the keys.

Literally, film everything, to prove you left it clean and in good physical condition, in case he thinks about keeping your deposit out of spite.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I would imagine the management company would send a representative to do an exit walkthrough documenting any issues and acknowledging you complied with your exit obligations. That should keep any real or imagined problem by the landlord between him and the management company.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Lots of good advice here, thanks tons! He hasn't been here in days...like going on 6! That is amazing so it looks like the remainder of my time here will be going more smoothly. If he shows up, I think I will just deal with it. In two weeks is my closing and I won't have much down time here anymore to run into him if he comes back. I will certainly film every surface area of this house, inside and out so I get my deposit back.

Thanks everyone for helping!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Lots of good advice here, thanks tons! He hasn't been here in days...like going on 6! That is amazing so it looks like the remainder of my time here will be going more smoothly. If he shows up, I think I will just deal with it. In two weeks is my closing and I won't have much down time here anymore to run into him if he comes back. I will certainly film every surface area of this house, inside and out so I get my deposit back.

Thanks everyone for helping!
Good to hear.

Do you mind posting your address...in case I’m in your neighborhood? 🤨

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Like someone else said, take video or photos of the dwelling after you have moved out and cleaned it and before you turn in the keys.

Literally, film everything, to prove you left it clean and in good physical condition, in case he thinks about keeping your deposit out of spite.
I just got my $800+ money back from property mgnt. I DID film the house just before leaving to keep proof that it was in good condition. So glad that chapter is closed!

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.