Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband's work..

As some of you may know. My husband and I got just got married in April of this year. We've had ups and downs, but who doesn't? My problem is, everytime he has to go back to work from being off a couple days, or alot of times when he gets home, and the next day before he leaves for work. We usually argue. We NEVER argue until he has to work. When he's off work for days at a time, we're perfectly fine. I know for a fact he isn't cheating on me, it's nothing of that nature. It's just, I hate arguing with him and we only do if he has to work. It sucks and it's hard to enjoy him bein home the few hours he is if we argue while he's home. Can someone please help? I don't want to fight anymore but I don't know how to fix it! And I don't understand why it even happens. Our marriage is GREAT, but when he works, it's like every single little thing makes us argue. :( Even something so stupid like him leaving up the toilet seat (he never does, but something that small would turn into an all out war.) Please help!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Hi CM,it sounds like your husband works alot.Does he like his job? What about you...do you work as well?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CM,it sounds like your husband works alot.Does he like his job? What about you...do you work as well?
I don't work yet. And no, he doesn't like his job. He works ALL the time and it's a horrible place to work.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
It can be hard working at something you don't like...sometimes you bring the frustrations home and little things get blown out of proportion.It's especially hard when you're starting out and just starting to build your life together,so its important that you're both able to talk through your problems and get at what is really causing the turmoil.Is there no opportunity in your area for your husband to change his job....maybe retraining...does he have a career he would really like to try? Do you think if you worked as well it would help ease your husband's stress and the tension between you? I feel for your H having to get up and go to a job he hates,but he does what he has to and that says a lot about him as a responsible person.I think you guys just have to get a good plan together,remember to talk through your issues without anger and don't let them hang around to grow into something bigger.In those moments of anger just remember why you got married and that even the best marriages have bumps in the road that require work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you had a moment to talk it over with him and ask him exactly what he think the problem is? What is the nature of the fighting that usually occurs? Is this small stuff or larger things like bills not being paid? Are you arguing from a selfish point of view and if not then are you possibly jealous cause he is working snd you are not?

·
Administrator
48,092 Posts
Re: My husband's work..

The example you gave... the toilent seat makes it sound like you get on this case about things. Is this whas is happening?

Could you give examples of 2 or 3 arguments, how they get started and what goes on... who says what to whom?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: My husband's work..

In the past I was prone to picking ridiculous fights with my H before he went away on a trip, be it for work or sport.

To be honest, I have no idea why I was doing this, but recongnising it made it easier to stop the behaviour.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah, I would say if he's a hard worker and hates his job, don't get on his a$$ for little things like leaving the toilet seat up. That would sure set me off (if I was a guy...) and my spouse didn't work, to come home and get nit-picked for things like that. Just put the dang seat down when you need to use the toilet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was an example. I've never gotten onto him for leaving it up. He just naturally puts it down. And if he doesn't then no big deal. I said EXAMPLE. That's never happened. So stop telling me this is my fault and I'm bugging him when he gets home from work. I don't. I do everything for him, I bring his food to him after I cook it, I find his clothes for him every time he gets dressed, I make his lunch for work. Anything and everything so he doesn't have to work while he's home. And for those of you who asked if it's the little things or something. It is. It's every little thing. The toilet seat was an example. We would argue over something that stupid and small. It's never happened. It was just an example of the smallest thing I could think of.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I would say if he's a hard worker and hates his job, don't get on his a$$ for little things like leaving the toilet seat up. That would sure set me off (if I was a guy...) and my spouse didn't work, to come home and get nit-picked for things like that. Just put the dang seat down when you need to use the toilet.
I don't get on him for stupid things. Especially that. He knows I want him to find another job bc this one is killin him and killing our relationship. He and I both would love if he found another job but with the way things are, it's a little hard for him to find another one.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Stop arguing. It takes two. You're getting agitated by responses here over something you said to describe your relationship... or at least the tone of your last post indicates agitation. We're only going by what you've said here.

Arguing takes two people. If you already know he's moody over his job, then it would make sense to be more sensitive to that and NOT pick fights.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No attitude intended in my posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is there a tone over letters? Please, don't start that with me. I have no attitude and no "tone". None at all. I was simply explaining that the toilet thing was an EXAMPLE. Just an example.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
How is there a tone over letters? Please, don't start that with me. I have no attitude and no "tone". None at all. I was simply explaining that the toilet thing was an EXAMPLE. Just an example.
Posted via Mobile Device
This comes across as hostile. The last 3 posts you've put up here have come across this way. We're not sitting in front of you but we're reading what you're typing and you seem angry.

Maybe some of that comes across to your husband when you two are communicating. Thus, the arguing starts. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not being hostile, angry, agitated or anything. Please stop accusing me of it. Even if I were, you can't tell how I'm saying it over text. I'm not mad. Whatsoever. I don't see how or where anyone is getting that. I even said 2 or 3 times that I'm not. I just need advice. Not someone telling me I'm doing something when I'm not. I'm NOT mad. Weather you think I "sound" angry or whathaveyou. I'm not. I really really am not. Okay?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm not being hostile, angry, agitated or anything. Please stop accusing me of it. Even if i were, you can't tell how i'm saying it over text. I'm not mad. Whatsoever. I don't see how or where anyone is getting that. I even said 2 or 3 times that i'm not. I just need advice. Not someone telling me i'm doing something when i'm not. I'm not mad. Weather you think i "sound" angry or whathaveyou. I'm not. I really really am not. Okay?
posted via mobile device
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You sound argumentative in your posts. You're even writing and rewriting telling people what to say or not say to you. Hmmmmm. If this is how you communicate with your husband it might be a part of the problem.

All in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Crazy idea here. How about giving us a couple REAL examples of arguments you have had instead of one that never happened? What exactly is the point of giving a make-believe example?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
So if I'm hearing this correctly based on your neverhappenedexample of an example, you are doing everything for him very cheerfully with a smile on your face, you're not doing anything to provoke these arguments, and he's pretty much all at fault.

Am I right?

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
If he hates where he works, he dreads going in and could be on edge. I HATED my old place of work. HATED IT. I would get cranky too (didn't argue though) but felt just sick to my stomach to go to work.

And something to ask yourself, no response necessary, but do you get clingy before he has to go to work because you like having him home? Do you say, "Awww I wish you didn't have to go to work!" or "I love spending time with you! I wish you didn't have to go to work!" This could be unwanted pressure for him because he likes to spend time with you but he has to work (that's the real adult world) and so by arguing with you he makes it so you want him to leave to go to work.

I duno. Just thoughts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.