Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I see the post has been copied in post #17, otherwise I wouldn't even know your story. Please don't delete your posts if you want to continue the conversation.

If you think there is cheating, I'd seriously consider divorce. It may just be distance though. It sounds like you too aren't finding enough time to connect, and that the time you do have together isn't quality time.

If it really could be that he's overwhelmed with work and then feeling beat down when he comes home, you have some heavy lifting to do. A man will not be happy, and will not stay, where he feels disrespected and unappreciated. He expects you to be happy that he's working so hard. He expects you to be happy in general, not nagging him.

Home needs to be a sanctuary. It needs to be the place he can't wait to come to, not the one he wants to avoid.

I think he just may want out. Women want guys to communicate, he is. Mid 30s now, means he was in his 20s when you got together. Things change a lot for men during those years. Most guys are invisible when we're younger, but add some years, some hard work on our careers and fitness. Next thing you know you have more options than you ever thought you would. While this is not pleasant to hear, at least you know you're not staying with a guy who just settled for you.

I see the post has been copied in post #17, otherwise I wouldn't even know your story. Please don't delete your posts if you want to continue the conversation.

If you think there is cheating, I'd seriously consider divorce. It may just be distance though. It sounds like you too aren't finding enough time to connect, and that the time you do have together isn't quality time.

If it really could be that he's overwhelmed with work and then feeling beat down when he comes home, you have some heavy lifting to do. A man will not be happy, and will not stay, where he feels disrespected and unappreciated. He expects you to be happy that he's working so hard. He expects you to be happy in general, not nagging him.

Home needs to be a sanctuary. It needs to be the place he can't wait to come to, not the one he wants to avoid.
I knew my dedication to the reply button would pay off one day! Yessss.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.