Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This is my first post so please excuse me if I rant or complain.
Reading some other posts make my situation not so bad. I feel sorry for some. Tough situations are all around us. As for me, I am married for nine years and have two eight year old boys and one four year old boy. My wife is 47 and has very very little sex drive. I have a great sex drive. The lack of is making me depressed. I have tried giving her space but then it just goes longer time between. Then I get the pity session and wait another 5 weeks. If it helps she is on a dose of fluoxitine and has graves disease. She takes synthroid for the graves. I am a christian man but not a "holy roller" and thoughts of cheating are roaming around my head. I made a promise to her and God to be faithful but the pull is making me depressed. I am in good shape and hygienically clean. It is like we are running a business together with no affection. I don't want to stereo type but she is of German decent and shows a slight coldness that I did not mind in the past. She is strong willed and says what is on her mind. She never ever just comes over and hugs me or sits on my lap, etc. If I engage in conversation about this problem she says to take her on a date or something like that. Having three children and NO babysitter because she says we can't afford it (not true).
She is a busy woman to say the least. She NEVER stops. If she does stop, she is sleeping. She has a temper. When angry at the kids she sometimes curses "Jesus Christ!" or "God Dam it!" among others. This really bothers me in front of the kids. She is like a volcano. When she erupts watch out! Some of the things that come out of her mouth in public shock me at times. She has NO filter on the brain to the mouth. She is ok if you just do what you are told and then some. Negotiations are non existent. When she is "normal" she is pleasant to be around. When she is angered forget it. But I am still trying to get over the angered session and she becomes normal again making me depressed during the entire cycle. What steps do I take now?

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I don't know why you think your situation isn't so bad because from what I'm reading it looks pretty bad to me. Why do you put up with it?

·
Banned
2,120 Posts
Step 1 Look in the mirror. Become a better man.
Step 2 Learn all about Women's needs... become an expert (Google/books)

More later

She does not enjoy/look forward to sex with YOU!
This process will take time.

Start with that then look for my future post on repairing a sexless marriage.

·
Banned
2,120 Posts
Step 1 Look in the mirror. Become a better man.
Step 2 Learn all about Women's needs... become an expert

More later

She does not enjoy/look forward to sex with YOU!

In fact she meerly TOLERATES IT

Start with that then look for my future post on repairing a sexless marriage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.