Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ex-wife married a sex offender and plans on having him live with our children once he is released from prison later this year. I'm fighting for custody of my kids, in preparation, but it's been one delay after another in the courts, not to mention costing a fortune. The Tennessee laws regarding sex offenders are ridiculous. I made a video hoping to raise awareness. I'd appreciate advice on anything else I should be doing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2sPm4eL4afU

·
Administrator
45,078 Posts
Ok I watched the video and go the answers to the above questions except how old all of your children are. Is our daughter who you mention the oldest?

I've read that a child is 40 times more likely to be abused by their mother's boyfriend or new husband than by anyone else.

Men who molest children and teens often look for a divorced mother with children. It makes it easy to target her children.. a great setup for a guy looking for a protected environment to find victims.

For this reason I think it's down right foolish for a woman to introduce her child(ren) to a man she is dating for at least a year or two.

The best thing you can do is to educate your children and tell them that if anything gets weird you will back them up 100%.

I hope that you can get the laws changed.

I hope your wife wakes up before this creep gets out of prison.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
How old are your children?

What sexual offense was this guy convicted of?

How long has he been in prison?

How old is your wife and this guy?
We need more info.
Having said that you need a lawyer now.
Give more info and we can guide you better.:)

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Ok I watched the video and go the answers to the above questions except how old all of your children are. Is our daughter who you mention the oldest?

I've read that a child is 40 times more likely to be abused by their mother's boyfriend or new husband than by anyone else.

Men who molest children and teens often look for a divorced mother with children. It makes it easy to target her children.. a great setup for a guy looking for a protected environment to find victims.

For this reason I think it's down right foolish for a woman to introduce her child(ren) to a man she is dating for at least a year or two.

The best thing you can do is to educate your children and tell them that if anything gets weird you will back them up 100%.

I hope that you can get the laws changed.

I hope your wife wakes up before this creep gets out of prison.
Ele is this the bad boy syndrome?
Anyway.

·
Administrator
45,078 Posts
Ele is this the bad boy syndrome?
Anyway.
I'm not sure that it's the bad boy syndrome.

My guess that it's the "bringing home stray dogs to save" syndrome.

I hope that Dave returns and posts here. I have a not too different story to share with him that might help. But I'm not going to type it out without knowing that he has not posted and run.

And it's my bed time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How old are your children?

What sexual offense was this guy convicted of?

How long has he been in prison?

How old is your wife and this guy?
My children are 14 (boy), 15 (girl), and 17 (boy). My ex-wife is 42 and her new husband is 47. He was convicted of 2 counts of felony sexual battery against a minor, and he will be a tier III sex offender (the highest level) once he is released from prison later this year. Not mentioned in the video is that the victim was 14-years-old when she joined his soccer team. Her parents had just divorced and she was emotionally vulnerable and had low self esteem. The perfect setup. Also not mentioned in the video is that he took her virginity away from her, wouldn't let her hang out with boys her own age, and alienated her from her own family. His favorite places to take her for their sexual encounters were a local cemetery and a storage unit he had rented. He even bought her an extra cell phone so that she could hide the relationship from her parents. The victim shared all these things with me. The parallels to my own daughter's situation are beyond scary. Just before his arrest, he had even signed up to coach my daughter's 14-15 year old girls soccer team (which is the same way he met his victim).

·
Banned
65 Posts
My children are 14 (boy), 15 (girl), and 17 (boy). My ex-wife is 42 and her new husband is 47. He was convicted of 2 counts of felony sexual battery against a minor, and he will be a tier III sex offender (the highest level) once he is released from prison later this year. Not mentioned in the video is that the victim was 14-years-old when she joined his soccer team. Her parents had just divorced and she was emotionally vulnerable and had low self esteem. The perfect setup. Also not mentioned in the video is that he took her virginity away from her, wouldn't let her hang out with boys her own age, and alienated her from her own family. His favorite places to take her for their sexual encounters were a local cemetery and a storage unit he had rented. He even bought her an extra cell phone so that she could hide the relationship from her parents. The victim shared all these things with me. The parallels to my own daughter's situation are beyond scary. Just before his arrest, he had even signed up to coach my daughter's 14-15 year old girls soccer team (which is the same way he met his victim).
Hell no... If this were my kids there would be war. If that guy thought he could live in the same house as my kids i would HUNT him down with extreme prejudice. I would literally hand him a body bag at the prison exit and tell him he is going to need it if he gets a mile near my kids. WTF is your ex-wife thinking?

And about that thing you refer to as "kid nights" in video? And the text messages? That is creepy as f... Hell no! I'm just steaming in anger and that isn't even my kid. Feel for you man!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Dave,
Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. What on earth is your wife thinking? How did she meet this disgusting human being while he was in prison? You have a few months to protect your children. You need to start a holistic strategy to protect your children. Start with what every legal means you can accomplish. Work on your ex-wife with questions about the safety concerns you have of your children. Enlist your children in martial arts immediately. Make sure they have their own mobile phones and voice recording devices. Give them weekly plans of where they are going to be and try to make them be together as much as possible. Go through some likely senerios with them and pre-organise some solutions. You have time on your side, strike now.

Good luck mate!
Gonecrazy

·
Registered
16,697 Posts
Firstly, your x needs tossed in the clink with her bf, secondly, keep exposing. Destroy your x in the court of public opinion.

Be ruthless and shameless for your children. No one else apparently will.

I was a fraction of a second away from becoming a killer at age 14 because my mother was at least as stupid as your x.

I had to save my sister during her assault by my mom's bf.

My sister still has nightmares from that attack 30 years later and I had to give up some of my humanity to be cold and hard enough to take that monster out.

Do anything to keep your children from paying the price we did.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Omg wtf is your ex wife thinking????

I'm gobsmacked!!!

:wtf:
She's thinking:

"He's innocent."
"He was framed."
"People just don't understand him."
"He's changed."
"He's really a good guy."
"If people would just get to know him..."

Reactions: gpa

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
How did your ex meet/date/marry this guy??

Aren't there laws against him moving in with children? Apologies if it's in the video will try to watch it later.

"over my dead body" would be my response. Keep your kids safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

Aren't there laws against him moving in with children? Apologies if it's in the video will try to watch it later.

Posted via Mobile Device
I watched the video. She met him before his victim came forward and he was prosecuted. They were already in a relationship when it came to light and he was prosecuted. Then she married him in prison so he'd be allowed to live with her upon getting out.

Dave, I'm so sorry for what you're going through! Your ex-wife ought to be ASHAMED of herself. Does she have parents? Friends?? What are they all saying? Have your kids seen the video?

Reactions: PhillyGuy13

·
Super Moderator
9,604 Posts

Posted via Mobile Device
This. I'd suspect part of his sentence involves not being able to be near minors. That might be enough to get the kids, though at their ages your kids are old enough to have a say. What does your daughter have to say about this?

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
This convicted sex offender's plan is to move into the Tennessee home of a woman who has teenage girls? Not very smart on his part. Should the children's father have the slightest hint that this guy was sexually interested in his kid and happened to blow the guy off the face of the earth, I don't believe there is a jury in Tennessee that would convict him. I wouldn't recommend that he move to Texas or Georgia, either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She's thinking:

"He's innocent."
"He was framed."
"People just don't understand him."
"He's changed."
"He's really a good guy."
"If people would just get to know him..."
These are EXACTLY the things my wife has been saying, and exactly what she has been telling our kids. There is a lot of brainwashing going on.

I've been pursuing things in court, but I've experienced nothing but one delay after another. I had a "hearing" just yesterday, and the judge told me that he didn't have time today for such a complicated case and rescheduled me for the middle of August! This guy could easily be out before then, and once again having "kid nights" with my daughter.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Make it public as possible. Where ever he goes, he will have to register. Let the neighborhood know.

Give your children a secret cell phone for them to keep in cases of emergency. Arm your children with ways to protect themselves. Teach them about using voice recording, phone cameras to their advantage.

I wonder if you can call your local news station with your story? Nothing like a public spotlight to shine a light on a problem.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.