Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My dad has a history of making false accusations of infidelity towards my mom. They have been married for about 25 years and througout the last 17 years of marriage my dad has always had delusions that my mom has commited infidelity. Now my father wants to divorce my mom unless she accepts that she had an affair with a man who worked in our house before. Of course my mother will not admit to a false accusation. I am really sad as I would not like my family to separate from each other. I asked my dad what could save his marriage and he said that my mom would have to admit to infidelity. My mom doesn´t want to have to suffer anymore abuse, however she finds herself open to continue in the relationship if my father seeks help for his problem. I don´t know what to do? What can i do to help save my parents marriage?

thanks

einszweidrei

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think you need to stay out of it. If your father has been falsely accusing her for years he has issues to work on. It's not your responsibility, nor your mothers to fix him.

In a situation like this there's no easy solution. Ask your dad for evidence, surely if he's willing to divorce after 25 years of marriage he has proof ...right? Remind him what he will lose if he divorces, although your mother may be better off without him and the constant harassment.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unfortunately, it is not your responsibility to save their marriage. It lies on them. I am a child of divorce as well, and it is not so bad to be honest. I am 30 now, I realize that my parents just could not get along and were better people without each other.

Maybe your parents will be better people and happier without each other in their loves. It will be ok, promise!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Well, one thing is for sure... you have NO idea if the accusation is true or false. Just because mom denies it doesn't mean she never fooled around. If your dad's accusations over the years are about a single time period and he doesn't simply make up scenarios all the time, there is a reason for it.

You aren't responsible for your parents, though. They have to decide how to relate to each other or to stop relating to each other. If they divorce, you'll still have YOUR relationship with each of them.

·
Premium Member
9,779 Posts
I assume you are an adult if you are posting on this forum, so really, if your parents divorce, why would that be such an issue for you? Wouldnt you rather see them both happy, instead of your dad being a jerk to your mom, or your mom cheating on your dad??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.