Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that my mother-in-law is moving in with us, perhaps as soon as this weekend.The room where she will be staying in is right next to ours.I'm really loud and vocal during sex,I can't imagine a scenario where this isn't awkward.I have ZERO EXPERIENCE with having sex with another person in the house.I'm kind of opposed to her moving in..I don't to want to tell her she can't move in because she's done a lot for us...Me and my wife are at an interesting time in our marriage where she just lost about 210 pounds following weight loss surgery,and we're trying new things sexually...And now this.....

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Expand on the part where you just found out? Do you mean that your wife did not discuss this with you?
Well no.My wife told me on Saturday that my mother-in-law asked to move in with us.She said yes and told her that she was going to ask me.I said yes,but In my mind I was thinking,what am I supposed to say?No?She has lent us money and done all sorts of things for us.We literally owe her THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.She doesn't have many options outside of moving in with us.It would feel kind of wrong to turn her down.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
No worries, Jack... you're done in 30 seconds anyway. What's to ruin? Or are you more concerned that MIL is going to put a halt to the screaming from your wife when you push her into anal?

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries, Jack... you're done in 30 seconds anyway. What's to ruin? Or are you more concerned that MIL is going to put a halt to the screaming from your wife when you push her into anal?
I'm not done in 30 seconds...Not that that is the issue here.My concern is one thing:Awkwardness.My wife hasn't even brought up the whole thing about her room being right next to ours and we still have to have sex.But it is a real issue for me.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I'm not done in 30 seconds...Not that that is the issue here.My concern is one thing:Awkwardness.My wife hasn't even brought up the whole thing about her room being right next to ours and we still have to have sex.But it is a real issue for me.
I'll be honest with you here... the in-law thing means nothing when living together for an extended period of time. You are MARRIED. It is YOUR HOUSE. Man, we lived with my parents, my sister, and my mother-in-law at different times in our marriage. But the key was we are MARRIED. Sex, in our family at least, is a given. If your MIL has a problem with you having sex with your WIFE, well, it doesn't matter how much money she has lent you... it is YOUR house, she is a GUEST and if a GUEST doesn't like how you live in your OWN house, what is the general rule? Hmmmm?

ETA: Whatever you do...do NOT use this as LEVERAGE in your quest to get anal sex. However, keep in mind that MIL being there, the whole "taboo" type thinking about her possibly hearing you have sex, COULD lean her toward anal at a later date... as long as you keep it so SHE is in control of whether it happens or not.

Sorry for bringing the anal thread into this one...

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your MIL has a problem with you having sex with your WIFE, well, it doesn't matter how much money she has lent you... it is YOUR house, she is a GUEST and if a GUEST doesn't like how you live in your OWN house, what is the general rule? Hmmmm?
Great points,but she has never said she would have a problem with us having sex.I just would feel awkward,period.Clearly it's my house and my rules.But I couldn't imagine feeling just as comfortable having sex with my Mother in law in the room right next door as I normally would.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Great points,but she has never said she would have a problem with us having sex.I just would feel awkward,period.Clearly it's my house and my rules.But I couldn't imagine feeling just as comfortable having sex with my Mother in law in the room right next door as I normally would.
And that's one reason Syrum and Mavash said it isn't a good idea. Others are the possibility that your wife will defer to her mom as the "woman of the house". There are a bunch of reasons related to that as well. But he big thing are those.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Don't do it if there's anyway around this

Is there another room at least that could be used?

My MIL is at my house 6 days a week on average and it's definitely an issue

I've told my wife that the day she moved in, I move out

Hopefully she'll want to go to her other daughters house or her sons instead
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Is other in law a hottie?

This opens up new possibilities.

Think outside the box
:(

I mean really dude

a) this is not something you just 'inform' your other half of and b) no way no how would I be living in my f*cking MIL

no way!!!

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Is there any chance that she being an older person doesn't hear as well anymore?
Exactly what I was going to ask. :)

Well, my MIL moved in with us about 6 months ago and it has not ruined our sex life. However, she at the other end of the house so... However again, my 15 YO daughter's room is right next to ours so...

Poor kid probably has nightmares.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have kids across the hall from me and I'm paranoid, so I understand your paranoia. Move things around so that your rooms aren't right next door. Flip the living room with the bedroom even though it might be wacky. Maybe you'll discover new places to have sex. Is the shower in another part of the house? Good for your wife for losing so much weight. Glad to hear that your sex life has been reinvigorated. cool!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.