Talk About Marriage banner

Morning wood..........for ladies?

30K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  DEguy 
#1 ·
So the trouble finishing thread got me doing a quick bit of google research on the male member and aging. In doing so of course the frequency of "morning wood" or more properly nocturnal penile tumescence, came up. Well in seeing that I learned that nocturnal clitoral tumescence exists. Makes sense.
Well I don't believe my wife has ever mentioned it. So is it as noticeable for you ladies? As uncomfortable at times? Guess seeing this just made me curious as most everyone knows about morning wood, but I've never heard it referring to ladies.

#3 ·
Interesting.

See for men I think its pretty much been proven it has nothing to do with thinking or dreaming of sex. Usually happens during REM sleep yes, but I believe that researchers believe its the body "using" that part to keep it in working order so to speak.

#17 ·
Just a slight tangent to the OP but I have wondered if women are aware that "morning wood" for guys in many cases does not always mean "wanting some"? With more than one partner, I recall them 'checking for that' in the morning as a sign for 'being in the mood'. I tend to agree that maybe REM sleep brings this on...IE, I was getting some good sleep before being 'checked'.....

That could only apply to me though I guess. I never told a partner "morning wood don't always mean I want some" for fear they would take that the wrong way.

#18 ·
My experience has been that some guys don’t necessarily want some in the morning and others do. Some seem to be happy to use any erection so if I’m there and willing, morning wood gets used.

Happy to report my current guy is one that is happy to use it. But if I wasn’t up for the task he would not push for it. It just doesn’t take much to make me ready though so pretty much any morning, it’s gonna happen because I don’t want it to go to waste either. Gimme!

#19 ·
I wouldn't say I mind either way. I will say a few 'dirty girls' seem to know how to wake me up just fine. Even after sex the eve before, they seem to check for it and realize I am still basically out of it so will just suck on it. That seems to wake me right up.....lmao.....

they usually end up doing most of the work because I am just not a morning person and takes me a while to boot up.

I did have one that may have had that "woman wood" thing because I swear every night like clock work, somewhere between 2-4am, she would just start rubbing herself, me, and the dog if they were close. She would then 'need it now', and have nearly no recollection of it in the morning.

I think most of the time it started with me rolling over and snuggling with my typical bear hug.

#26 ·
Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) is not a result of sexual arousal or having a dream relating to sex. Instead, it is a normal function of the male reproductive system.
In fact, regular episodes of NPT are a sign that the nerves and blood supply to the penis are healthy.

Morning wood does NOT indicate arousal. It just happens with some men, and is beneficial to prostate health.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.