Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot and have a pretty decent marriage. This combination seems to work from what I have experienced and read and heard.

Monogamous - each knows they are the one and only for each other from words, deeds and behaviors

Romantic - Hot pursuit never stops

Bad boy and girl - Few want to be married to a spouse that behaves like a fearful little pansy following every solitary instruction given by someone else. Having a mind of your own, staking your own claim and making it known where you stand without apology. Thinking naughty thoughts about your spouse and telling them about these thoughts in good taste at the appropriate time.

Integrity - Dont eff with doing the right thing even when no one is looking, Oooze unwavering integrity so no one ever questions it including yourself so toxic forces are discouraged always

Communication skills - Make yourself clear and know how to achieve full understanding of others

What vital ingrediants did I miss?

What areas mentioned do you slip in and what have you done to improve it?

My marriage issues, when I have them, is in the romance department. I slip into complacent workoholic and then reignite on a 12 month cycle of on for six off for six, which I am trying to improve with more dedication and changng my priorities more toward my marriage and wife and less toward business.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think a vital one is flexibility - no not physical, though that never hurts. The ability/willingness to adjust, not cave in or be a dormat, but adjust when the situation calls for it.

My issues have been primarily communication and MC was helpful in getting us back in sync. We're not 100% there yet, but we're no longer going in reverse either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.