Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,510 Posts
Years ago I knew someone who had his car radio stolen. His solution was to replace it with a radio stolen from someone else.

His wife pointed out that this would make him just as bad as the person who stole from him. So he didn't steal the radio.

Just because a husband/wife rendered the marriage a heap of steaming **** doesn't give their spouse the right to cheat. they need to address the issues in a different way.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Cheating happens because of a character flaw. That's it. There are lots of other ways to deal with being unhappy. If a book says otherwise it's full of ****.

That being said, a good marital strategy for a man is to be the man your wife respects.
But, a man may have been and continue to be who the wife "thought" she wanted at the beginning. But, as time marches on, she experiences the reality 24/7, listens to her "friends", reads "romance" novels, women's magazines, eventually encounters Chad at the gym or Brad at work, she finds she actually prefers someone other than the man she married, especially after sampling the forbidden fruit. After a decade or more married, one or the other person (or both) may be someone totally different from who they were when the marriage started.

The recent Netflix series, though the characters are pretty over-the-top, seems pretty close to reality. So the husband (playing Cooper) could read all of the self-help books in the world to try to be someone he isn't and it will do no good. Besides he can't change the physical attributes he was born with, which will be a large (lol) part of Billie's attraction to her boyfriend. The man the wife "respects" isn't necessarily the man her animal self lusts after. IMO respect is necessary but not sufficient. And in any event, trying to be someone he isn't won't keep a wife from straying. That is mostly a result of what her character is ( and basic biology).

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
But, a man may have been and continue to be who the wife "thought" she wanted at the beginning. But, as time marches on, she experiences the reality 24/7, listens to her "friends", reads "romance" novels, women's magazines, eventually encounters Chad at the gym or Brad at work, she finds she actually prefers someone other than the man she married, especially after sampling the forbidden fruit. After a decade or more married, one or the other person (or both) may be someone totally different from who they were when the marriage started.

The recent Netflix series, though the characters are pretty over-the-top, seems pretty close to reality. So the husband (playing Cooper) could read all of the self-help books in the world to try to be someone he isn't and it will do no good. Besides he can't change the physical attributes he was born with, which will be a large (lol) part of Billie's attraction to her boyfriend. The man the wife "respects" isn't necessarily the man her animal self lusts after. IMO respect is necessary but not sufficient. And in any event, trying to be someone he isn't won't keep a wife from straying. That is mostly a result of what her character is ( and basic biology).
Yeah well I have a hard time basing my ideas about marriage on a Nexflix show, I don't really believe I am going to put on a suit of iron and fight crime either, though it might be fun. Do some very shallow women cheat because of size? Maybe. I think you do much better not to worry about that, make sure you know how to use what you got, and even more so, make sure you are emotionally connected to your wife.

My point was that Character is the thing that makes a women or man meet someone that they are attracted to "chad" if you will (the redpill terms are so silly) and all he is to her is someone who is attractive.

If you married someone who will leave or cheat on you because of your size you need to realize you never had a chance anyway, and you married exceptionally poorly. Frankly pack her bags and be happy she is gone at that point.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts