Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first time on one of these but i am so miserable in my marriage right now. And i can take responsibility for the most of it. I make poor choices in men and then lose interest in them once i realize i can't "fix" them. My first husband and father of my son, died in a car accident after years of infidelity and drug abuse that i constantly denied and tried to fix. Eventually, shortly prior to his death, i just gave up on him and didnt' speak to him even though we lived in the same house. I then went on to marry "his total opposite"...and ended up with a man-child. He does nothing for himself and is only happy when i am babying him or coddling him and when i am not, he pouts. he has held down a job for the last year (for the first time in our 7 yr relationship) and seems to think this is some grand thing he is doing. I make more money than he and i do everything around the house..he doesn't even know how to use a laundry hamper or a garbage can! my 12 yr old son is more responsible. I have told him i did my son a huge disservice by choosing him as a male role model. His laziness and selfishness are creating resentment for me. Someone help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
emerald: yes i do still love him and he is very loyal, no cheating, etc.

and kathybatesel: i know it sounds silly that i have never thought about it b4, but i have not and i believe you are correct. My lack of respect shines thru any time i talk to him. Maybe if i work on this, he won't be so needy?

thanks for the feedback!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.