Talk About Marriage banner

801 - 820 of 826 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #801
The old Chieftain stepped gingerly forward, the soil held sharp rocks, and hard footsteps made him wince.
Yeah, wincing is not allowed.

No, I will not repeat the (it cannot be) litany that follows that Martian code of conduct.
Your' welcome.

"A boat, kind sir, would not be the best means of travel". The Martian was being practical.

Where is it you wish to go? The old chieftain remained wary.

If he said to the Mainland, that once was the U.K. he would resist and likely die for the refusal.

Black Dog knew what he was thinking. He did.

"No, it is not SunCMars that I am seeking, nor my brother who is Red".

"I have a transporter waiting for me on Madagascar, the likes of which, I am not sure, as I have not seen it".

"Ah-m Bearnard, froum the ole' clan of Mars, I see tha you kin read mar thots, as I kin yourn".

The black dog looked at the very old, and rather bent-over, two legged being before him.

He looked at that very hairy, naked Martian and grinned, then he belched out a huge laugh.

Even from that 3 meter distance, his breath stunk, as dog breath often does.

Aye, that it did!

Yuck..

Bearnard and the other three Martians roared in return, and belly laughed.

The fifth Martian lying on the ground, burned mostly black, did not laugh. If he did, it was heard in the next world.
He had passed on.

Umm.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #802
"I ave somthin' better than a boot fer yas!"

"Git me my tooter, do it quick, Blakeman!"

"My man will be bak soon, wit my tooter, a whis-tal made frum ivor-ree".

Within two minutes he brought the Colonel a leather satchel containing a whistle.

The Colonel pulled it out and licked it ready, so as to tune it proper.

He took a deep breath and blew hard into it.

Not a sound, nothing could be heard, save the air that went in and out of the whistle.

Black Dogs eyes, near popped out of his head.
He covered up his ears, as the noise, to him, was deafening.

The Martians all looked at him funny, then realized that he was a dog, and that he heard sounds, that were those, made silent to them.
Aye!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #803
The Colonel told the dog and his men to take a break.

Let us get some breakfast, while we wait for the transportation coming along soon, maybe not.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #804
The men made mutton and eggs for themselves and chicken and bacon for the dog. They washed it down with homemade mead.

Black Dog asked if they had any Snapple lemonade to drink, the Martians looked at him as if he was daft.

Truth, be told, they had no idea what Snapple was.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #805
Sometime after an hour, ten minutes and four seconds, a white object could be seen a-flappin towards their house on the cliff, on an island, off the coast of Wales

Whew! Got that out!

Getting closer, it looked like a giant Albatross, then again I have never seen an Albatross, but that is a cool name for a bird.

When it got closer, it was easily seen as a flying horse, minus a rider.
Right.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #806
The flying white horse alit,

No, he is not on fire, he let himself down onto the cliff top

They let the horse rest, eat grass, not smoke it,

One of the Martians brought over a big bucket of water.
Then another.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #807
Black Dog was introduced to the White Horse.

That horse took one look and kept backing away.

He was a warhorse yet while he was held there, his legs were twitching and shaking badly.
His eyes grew huge and frightened.

He blew copious amounts of snot everywhere.

It too knew.
This dog had in him something bad, really bad.

Yet, we humans see it not in his demeanor?

He had only that de-nicer aura about em' from our viewpoints.

A strange thing, this....

Hmm?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #808
Pridebound humans are the most hidebound creatures known.
And dumb.

Yep.

Lilith-

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #809
It was (thought to be) an uneventful night at the Massachusetts Old Soldiers Home, funded fully by Martians, on the sly, of course.

Rosemary, the receptionist was having her normal morning gossip chat with the two charge nurses who had just gone off shift.

A male and female nurse, each had their own floors. Male patients outnumbered female at least 30 to 1.

"What exciting thing happened last night, anything worth repeating?" Rosemary loved the nurses and loved the patients.

William, the male charge nurse said, "Susan and her crew lost track of Beverly again, last night". He had a big grin on his face, when he said it."

Susan blushed.

"Bill, we cannot be everywhere, at every minute. We cannot tie Beverly to the bed. She is allowed to walk the halls during normal hours. I told you she gets lost, now and again and wanders downstairs and into the mens rooms".

"No, that is not quite the case, she goes immediately to (THRDs) room and sits there for hours".

Rosemary asked, "What does she do while there, does she do any harm?"

"No, no, she is a gentle soul. We love her".

"We cannot have her down here when she is not invited. As all know, we do not allow males and females to mingle in their quarters, the halls or rooms. That, of course is forbidden!"

"You did not answer my question, what does she do when she is in (THRDs) room?"

"Oh, same thing. She talks to him, and she says he answers her. We know that is impossible, (THRD) is in a coma."

He chuckled softly,

"Last night it was a different story. She said that there were over ten people in the room, some of them fairies, or midgets, she wasn't sure!"

She said, each took a turn holding him, putting their hands on his forehead. And some of them spoke in a strange language. A few spoke hillbilly English".

"Hillbilly English?" Susan asked.

"Yeah, they had odd accents, I suppose that is the only thing she could think of!"
All three giggled.

She said, a little woman, a cute and fat round woman, made a joke about how (THRD) refused to bite the dust".

"What! How cute!"

Rosemary asked, "Come on, what else did Bev say?"

William looked at his feet and said, "Wow, I am embarrassed to repeat what she said".

Oh, no, you are not going to pull that on us, tell us or I will scream!"

"Scream? Maybe you should be the next patient!" William grinned.

"Well, and I asked her three times, she said, "The room, it glowed red, it glowed red".

"Go on!"

She said, "A very tall princess came into the room. She was the most beautiful lady she had ever seen".
"She had huge breasts".

Rosemary, about swallowed her heart. "What color were her clothes?"

"She said that the lady had on a beautiful long red gown, that clung to her figure as if it were painted on...

Rosemary remembered what that drunken Buster had said about a woman in red.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #810 (Edited)
The odd thing..

William said more.

I took a quick look at (THRD) and he had red lipstick smeared all over his face, I kid you not!"

Before you ask me, Rose, Bev was not wearing any lipstick and she had none in her pockets. I had her show me that she had none in her robe, also"

I took Bev up to the 2d floor nursing station and turned her over to Ann. I asked Ann about lipstick and she said none of the female patients were allowed to have any. She promised to look in Bev's room to see if she had any stashed, someway.

Susan commented:
I have been taking care of Beverly for three, maybe, uh, its three and a half years now.
She is not the make up type.
I don't have an answer to any of this. Susan was adamant about this.

Fairies, midgets and Princesses, God, whats next?

Rose twisted her mouth and gave a little grunt, then took a swig of lousy coffee.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #811
Two days later it was Monday, the day the doctors make their rounds.

He asked the nurse to take (THRDs) vitals and saw they had greatly improved.
He had a better coloring about him.

The doctor was truly puzzled. He listened to his heart and he was stunned.

Stunned.

"I never thought he would make it through the weekend, now he appears stronger".

"He must have an angel watching over him".

The nurses never said a word about anything about the rumors that were floating about, what Beverly said.

The doctors would have a fit and would question their professionalism for talking nonsense about the old veterans who were patients here.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #812
THRD had/has a lot of good and loyal friends.

He also has a large number of people who have a vested interest in his good health. A lot of them are terrified of the thought that he would die.

And, they had reason to be.

When The Red Queen took the host, RD (she had him kidnapped by the 5th Dimension), many beings died or near died in his absence. He is the glue that holds their worlds, their existence intact.

Umm.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #813
I mean you no harm, no one on Earth any harm.
I need to get somewhere.

Somewhere safe.

Black Dogs words left these Martians dumbfounded. They did not have enought information of context to make any decision.

Bearnard seemed to trust the dog, so the other three followed suit. He was their boss.
Yes.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #814
There was no way that the white horse would allow that Black Dog onto its back.

Bearnard came up with an idea.

He climbed onto the back of the horse, and had his men put some makeshift blinders on his head.

He asked his men to tie his satchel of food and water onto the horse, behind him. The horse listened and understood what he said.

What he did not know was that inside the satchel was the Black Dog.

It worked, and off they flew.

Towards, Madagascar.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #815
The other Martians (by satellite phone) alerted the gunship orbiting above them.

That ship, in turn, let SunCMars know what had just transpired.

The batteries for the phone were charged using a hand crank.

Whew, what a workout!

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #816
The United States bounced back a lot quicker from the Inter-Dimensional War, than did other nations.
Or, should I say 'other real estate'. Most nations went under, yes, out of business.

The individual states,their National Guard survived and they had all the tools and training to put power plants, and hospitals back on line.

And, they maintained law and order in the bigger cites.

The countryside was not, everywhere safe. Gangs of thugs roamed about, but they were small groups and were always on the run.

Many, many people in the USA had guns and they had no tolerance for bandits and murderers.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #817
Radio stations were quickly brought on line. This gave the national populace a stable voice, not yet a face to pin their hopes on.

Martial law was the order of the day. The States Adjutant Generals ruled the territories based on current maps, and past agreements.

Washington D.C. was a thing of the past. The city was a pile of rubble.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #818
There were no protestors running rampant in the Worlds cities, if there were they would get no sympathy, only scorn or laughter.

The world needed workers and cooperation, not complaining.
Life had returned to hard. Hard scraping for the basic necessities.

Food, water, fuel, electricity, and skilled technicians were seen to be that massive shortage.

Only housing was plentiful. All for the worst reasons.

Eighty percent of Mankind had been killed off. And that is a conservative number. No one really knows.

Many of the buildings were left standing. The 5th Dimension used other methods to kill off the humans, some too gruesome to tell of.

Rioting and looting (banditry) does occur. Those caught are executed.

No groups of villagers have the time or the means to jail violators. To jail someone means to feed and to keep them clean and warm. Food and clean water is scarce.

Jails are for more advanced societies.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #819
SunCMars and his small group went to mainland Europe and hunted down bandits. Their numbers got smaller and smaller, as every encounter whittled them down.

SunC and his Martian warriors refused to act as guerrillas and to slyly and slowly pick off the (everywhere found) bands of maruaders. They chose to meet these savages head on.

Ach, they paid the price.

No one will ever say a true Martian is smart.
No one will ever say they are cowards.

They live for the battle, to go to those wars, that are unending.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #820
The Martian plan was to give time for the Earth's societies to gain strength in numbers and in means. And, to keep unproductive and lazy murderous men and woman from slaughtering the innocent.
Earth is back to the hunter/gatherer mentality.

The productive gatherers must be protected at all costs.

You may remember my saying that the gunship watching (orbiting) over SunCMars and his group had low energy supplies. This was true, and this was the reason that they needed to travel by foot on the Earth. The ship did not have enough power left to expend, unless absolutely necessary.

Mars itself was decimated by the 5th D. All their energy making facilities were destroyed, the technology needed was supplied by the 6th Dimension. That dimension of beings has been conspicuously absent in Earths recovery.

Why, is another tale, a long one.

It involves two of our heroes, King Brian and (unmentioned). These two are 6th Dimension born.
Yes.

This was a fact that I have been reluctant to reveal.

Truth be told, these two 6th D, beings are rebels to their own kind. And are resented for this behavior.

That, in itself should explain a lot to any curious reader.

801 - 820 of 826 Posts