Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Last semester I passed through lots of problems with my ex gf, and after 2 months I decide to move on. Anyway, last semester I met a girl that was in one of my clases. I didn't felt attracted to her at first (I guess because of the problems with my ex gf).

After the end of the semester we both kept in touch by talking on the internet sometimes. In this new semester im getting to know her better and now I'm feeling attracted to her.

I'd like to invite her out (in fact I did last sunday and she told me that would be great, but was too late and she was almost going to bed, so im planning to ask one more time this weekend) but I'm a person with poor comunication skills and I dont know what to talk about. If she accepts my invitation I'd like to keep the date fun and interesting.

I'd like some suggestions on topics. Also some suggestions in case I´m running out of topics.

I have read some advices like: keep eye contact, smile once and a while, talk slowly and clearly, etc.

any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it is wonderful you are thinking ahead. Sounds like you know what you want, however, at the sametime the best advice from a woman's perspective is to relax, be yourself and don't try to hard. Let things come naturally. Good Luck and let us know how things go!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! thanks for the advise. By the way, I forgot to mention something. We don't know very much each other, but we get along pretty well. Since last semester, when talking to her, we say to each other 'my friend'. Is it ok to say it? the thing is, as a man :), I'd like to be more than that in a future, if everything goes fine of course, and i don't know if saying 'my friend' is ok.

Any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Rafael,

Reading your post brought back some "fond memories" when we all went through the dating scene back at College.

Two things I'd like to suggest. Firstly, keep asking her questions to find out what you both have in common and genuinely appear interested. There's nothing more annoying than a person asking a question and he/she is looking at the sky!

One thing that I always like asking anyone is what sports do they play?

If you're not into sports ask questions that you like and if she shows interest in it then you have your first common topic to talk about.

Secondly, show some confidence and "good" attitude. Not arrogance or cockiness but show her that you're intelligent and a resourceful guy.

After all, many women still have a preconceived romantic image of the knight in shining armor, with Tarzan’s body, Richard Gere’s style, and a dollar more than Bill Gates? :lol:

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Cheers:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey there! thanks to everyone for the advices!

Anyway, this is what happenned today. We only have 1 class together, so the only day I can see her is friday (On monday too cause she's free for 1 hour, so i can join her sometimes).

Today she had the first class in a subject. She got out from the class early, so I saw her sit down alone and I joined her before going to our class. We talked for one hour, and for the first time in 2 months, after all of my problems I had, I could feel me again. I was so focused on her that I forgot about everything in the past.

We had a pretty good chat, and 1 hour wasn't enough!.

I was going to invite her out this weekend, but when we were talking she told me that today came a friend of her family from the States and she had to take him out a lot this weekend and she was too tired for that. So I thought that maybe it wasn't the right time for asking.

Anyway, we went to our class and I sit down next to her, but all of her friends were there, and i almost couldn't talk to her. Besides I don't know any of them.

So I want to ask some things:

1. My next class with her is next friday. What tips can you give me to be more social with her friends?. Like I said, I really have poor comunication skills, which makes me a person hard to socialize with, and mostly when I'm with lots of people. I just don't know what to say. My mind fills in blank.

2. When having the conversation with her, she told me she likes for dinner cereal, so I was planning to buy some cereal and send her a text saying: "hey, I have some cereal here, would you like to join me after classes and eat some?" What do you guys think?

After today I can't stop thinking about her, I really like when she laughs. I must confess that this is the first night that I'm not feeling sad or worried!.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I think the cereal idea is corny (pardon the pun) but might just work well for you.

As for the communications part that in large part you will have to train yourself in. Mostly just don't be afraid to add to a conversation but don'rt derail one to get a word in either.

Talk politely to her friends and look them in the eyes.

draconis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.