Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about how woman feel about men with beards or facial hair. I began growing a beard and my wife doesn't want it. I am not trying to be selfish but since I am loosing my hair and basically bald I would like to grow a beard to take some attention away from my baldness.

I told her that I am going to grow hair where I still can. LOL

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what your wife thinks.

Why don't you make a deal with her that you'll grow one and if she still doesn't like it in a couple of months you'll get rid of it?
Yes I agree with that. If she still doesn't like it once it grows in fully I will get rid of it.

Thank you for your advice

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well personally I LOVE a good beard. Hubz actually always has one because I really like how he looks with one. I think they're really handsome and manly.

Not those ridiculous goatees though. A proper beard. Well kept.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
623 Posts
only if you can grow a full, proper rugged beard.
a patchy beard is no bueno. a moonshiner crazy man beard is also no bueno. and keep it brushed. and make sure you wash the food out of it. lol. just shaved off my beard this last weekend. winter is over here in texas.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I hate beards, all beards, all types, all colors, bleh.

I am not trying to be selfish but since I am loosing my hair and basically bald I would like to grow a beard to take some attention away from my baldness.
This does not actually take attention away from anything. It makes it worse, in my opinion. The only thing you achieve with a beard is to hide your face.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I agree with everyone that responded. I am giving it a month. If she is complaining still it is gone. I am hoping once it is fully grown in she will like it. My daughter tells me I look good in a beard. Is there ever a chance of pleasing all the woman in your family at once?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Yes I agree with everyone that responded. I am giving it a month. If she is complaining still it is gone. I am hoping once it is fully grown in she will like it. My daughter tells me I look good in a beard. Is there ever a chance of pleasing all the woman in your family at once?
if you discover the secret, please enlighten me.:smthumbup:

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what your wife thinks.
It matters a little what she thinks, but it mostly matters to you.

I've got my beard on, it's not very patchy but it's not the most full beard either, when I let it get longer it tends to get straggly so I keep it trim (which makes it less full looking, but more nicely groomed).

I have a special friend I'm interested in who admitted she likes the beard, so that has helped to keep me from shaving it off so far, but as the weather warms up this will come off soon.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I'm totally hot for bald men.

Beards? Not so much.
By bald, do you mean shaved with a razor bald, or does trimmed very close with clippers (like #1 guard or no guard) still work as well?

For me, if I shaved my head and my face I think I'd look a little too pale. So I do the Jason Statham thing (but I don't have his rugged facial features).

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wife doesn't like it when I go down on her with a beard, she says it's scratchy and she doesn't care for the way her juices end up in it afterwards.

Hence, I have been clean-shaven for many years now...

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I hate beards, all beards, all types, all colors, bleh.

This does not actually take attention away from anything. It makes it worse, in my opinion. The only thing you achieve with a beard is to hide your face.
Speaking personally, thank god for that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you just want personal opionion heres mine.
Beards make you look 10 years older
When you kiss it scratches up our face.
Looks like pubic hair lol
My husband just grew a beard,hes also balding. I dont care about his balding, but i hate the beard he grew. Funny he has black hair and his beard comes in white.

But its your face, do what you like, im sure its kinda fun .

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
If you just want personal opionion heres mine.
Beards make you look 10 years older
When you kiss it scratches up our face.
Looks like pubic hair lol
My husband just grew a beard,hes also balding. I dont care about his balding, but i hate the beard he grew. Funny he has black hair and his beard comes in white.

But its your face, do what you like, im sure its kinda fun .
Not trying to trash your opinion at all Sudden, just counter it: stubble more than a few hours old cuts up a pretty ladies face much worse than a conditioned beard, I'd rather look a little older than show off my constant razor burn, again what's so wrong with pubes (as long as they are trim). I think there is something to be said about a chiseled face that is clean shaven, but then many husbands don't have the chiseled face, in which case a nice facial hair style can actually give them a sharp and defined appearance.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't like beards... facial hair looks...pubic.

IMO a full on beard makes a man mouth look like a vagina! I have no desire to kiss a vagina.

I may be the only person in the whole wide world who sees this... dunno :scratchhead:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
One of my sons actually posted pics like that on facebook once. For all I know, that's him *shudder*

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.