Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got to know if its just my husband. so my husband
and me have been looking at a four wheeler for me,after an inccident with the last one but anyways..... but everyone i pick he refuses to let me get he wont let me get anything equal to his it has to be smaller . So its really pissing me off. he makes me feel like i can do what he is doing. Is this him being manly or just wanting to be better than me?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I would want a four wheeler that was the right size for me but that is just my point of view. I use to drag race a front engine dragster back when I was younger so I can be manly if I need be LOL. I would choose the one that you like, he might just be thinking of the one that he thinks would feel comfortable for you. Do you feel that he wants to be better than you, or is he looking to make you happy with something that he thinks you will like better?

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I think you need to ask your husband if he is afraid of you having something that can show him up or if he thinks you just can't handle it. I don't know how well you drive but he might think you would overstep yourself.

draconis

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would ask him why he is rejecting the quads you have interest in. If his reason is noble (your safety and the rideability of the quad based on your build, experience, etc.) then as an experienced sport quad rider I understand his concerns. The two potential reasons you gave for your husbands conduct both paint him in a negative light. As the other posters pointed out his motives might be credible. Anyway, I would recommend you and he communicate about this to get to the bottom of the issue.

As I mentioned above, I am pretty experienced with sport quads so if you want any thoughts on what quads might be a good fit for you, post some more info on the type of riding you do and your experience, build, etc. etc. I'm not trying to assume that you don't already know and appreciate this. Heck, you might have more experience with ATVs than me. So, please don't take offense to my offer to help in your selection.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"after an inccident with the last one"

Could it be that you can't handle the machine you want? I just bought a motorcycle. Was it the one I really wanted? No. I couldn't handle that one so I bought one that matched my skill set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.