Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I am just curious, as I see some women here have posted that their husbands have lost Sexual interest in them.

Why is this? I am a very sexual person, couldn't stand the idea of not having sex with my wife for longer then a couple of days.

So how can certain men lose interest in sex with their wives? Is it a physical thing? Mental? both? Hormonal?

I'm not talking about women losing interest or refusing to have sex with their Husbands, I am enquiring to why men would just lose interest in sex? AS in Not having an affair...just no sex?

I am just curious to this, thanks in advace if you answer.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
For me most of anything is due to my MD and the fact I have a low labido. I enjoy sex but it isn't important to have the physical contact. What is important is the relationship part, for which I am lucky my wife and I have a great sex life but I don't feel the need/want to chase her around the house to "get some." Most people I think it is a mental thing. The longer you go without the less you want or feel the need for it. The more you have the more you want it.

draconis

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
hmmm....interesting question...I think for my ex it was beer and star trek till late into the night...every night.

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Good one Swedish!!! Let me see, sex or Spock, hmmmm :D

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
dang...now you're making me think I could have put on some pointy ears and saved that marriage !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me just having the constant nagging and critiquing turns me off. My wife also doesn't seam into sex that much at least foreplay since she just lays there surfing the internet while I try to get things started. On top of that whenever we do have a fight about sex I am always being painted out to be the person who wants it and she is doing a service for me when she knows she wants it too. Major turn off. Be happy to have a wife interested enough to help initiate sex. Some women are not grateful for a husband's high libido.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had bouts of something like this. For me it's mostly been due to one of the following:

1. Low self-esteem. I worked while my wife finished college, and now she's working while I go to college full-time. I do chores around the house and all that, but I still feel inadequate because I'm not making any green. That, and not feeling particularly good-looking, is not good for the libido.

2. Due to sleep apnea, I have high blood pressure, which requires medication, which I've noticed to have an effect on my ability to stay hard unless I'm very very stimulated.

3. Emotional distance issues in the relationship.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hmmm....interesting question...I think for my ex it was beer and star trek till late into the night...every night.

Hmmm .... perhaps I can figure at least part of the reason why this guy is described as your ex!

This might sounds weird, but I think sex can be like a habit. If you don't have it for a while you sort of forget about it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey swedish, there is a hotel in NJ that has "themed rooms" and one of them is a star trek room. My buddy and girlfriend booked it for a night and she adorned a star trek women's costume...LOL...I died laughing when he told me about it, he thought it was the greatst night of his life.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Hey swedish, there is a hotel in NJ that has "themed rooms" and one of them is a star trek room. My buddy and girlfriend booked it for a night and she adorned a star trek women's costume...LOL...I died laughing when he told me about it, he thought it was the greatst night of his life.
A few months ago I was at a local pizza place/bar with my husband, brother in law and a guy he works with (single guy) and a group of teachers came in so I said "Maybe there are some single ladies over there. Guess which one is the school nurse?" They all looked around and had no idea. I just started laughing because she was wearing a top that was like colorful scrubs and I said what do you think a nurse looks like? The white nurse hat with the red cross? What nurses are you guys watching? They all laughed and were like 'no, no we just didn't see her' Yeah, right ;)

Anyway, I got one of these costumes and sent some pics to my husband...he almost had to leave work...feeling ill...need to see the nurse ;) But Star Trek....hmmm....no way!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Swedish feel free to E-mail me the Nurses pics of yourself as well.....LOL

My wife has taken pics of...

The Nurse
Naughty school girl
The pharmacist
The secrectary (sp?)
The Dominitrix (sp?)
Irish outfit
Christmas outfits (3 of them)
hooker outfit
Snow white
Ragedy Anne
Witch

our next photo shoot is her french maid costume, that will be in a few weeks.

It is allot of fun since I am big into photography, I love taking pics and she likes to model for me.

I literally have thousands of pics of my wife, most are very nice...a couple hundrend are naughty and on a seperate external hard drive for my private collection.

But it is a strong connection when you both can do that....Kudo's

Three wishes web site has some great outfits.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Hey Swedish feel free to E-mail me the Nurses pics of yourself as well.....LOL
so NOT gonna happen!

hmmm...since I work from home, when he calls and asks what I'm doing I'll talk about work and then say and threw a load of laundry in...in my french maid outfit....may need to check out that website add that one to my collection...he's due for some new pics :)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL I wouldn't expect it anyway...I am sure you know it was a playful jest on here.

But yea that sounds good, he would love that...All guys would love that, that is part of the lure.

We married our wives because we think they are sexy....So when my wife is a little playful in that area....it refuels that "hottness" factor 1000%.

I usually think that is the biggest issue for couples, they feel they need to "act" a certain way after marriage and kids.....its so darn fun sneaking away from the kids to go make out in the hallway....just like teenagers away from her parents. LOL

Enjoy the site! we love it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WHen I first got married, I had a high libido. My wife on the other hand did not. Over time, I gave up on trying to initiate, which led to just not caring anymore. Honestly, I can't remember the last time we did anything.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Soccerman, I agree with you on that sex is like a habit. More you have it in your life the more you want it. You can forget about for awhile, but when you don't have it for a looong time, you try to forget about it but it still resurfaces. Kinda like a smoking habit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me most of anything is due to my MD and the fact I have a low labido. I enjoy sex but it isn't important to have the physical contact. What is important is the relationship part, for which I am lucky my wife and I have a great sex life but I don't feel the need/want to chase her around the house to "get some." Most people I think it is a mental thing. The longer you go without the less you want or feel the need for it. The more you have the more you want it.

draconis
As a MD, shouldn't you know how to spell libido?;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I can be sexual. I know I want to be. My wife has become very much like a family member to me. Like a buddy, or even a sister. I simply do not see her in a sexual light. There is nothing wrong with her body. It just does not appeal to me. We have tried to spice it up, and I still fail at it. She does not have the same problem with me.

I just can't. Just thinking about it puts me off. It's been like that almost from day one (which is 10 years now), so you can imagine our frustration. We probably "try" it, just to please her, maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
That is why I find myself in the predicament that I am.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.