Talk About Marriage banner

How Do You Prefer a Woman to Initiate Sex?

• I like her to be obvious and aggressive. Just put it out there.

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • I enjoy the chase. Tease me a little, make it seductive.

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • I enjoy both approaches. It just depends on my mood.

Votes: 71 52.6%
  • I prefer being the initiator in sex.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I asked my partner and he said that, although he enjoys the chase, he prefers both approaches, so I voted #3 on his behalf.

·
Registered
16,573 Posts
I prefer to take turns but do not ever want her to be fearful of occasionally taking the lead in this arena.

This should realistically always be a 50-50 proposition!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just take your pick. The important thing is that it somehow gets initiated!

One of my favorites is the direct route: one night a couple years ago, my wife couldn't sleep and I guess was having some amorous thoughts. So, in the middle of the night she just took her clothes off and cuddled up behind me. Middle of the night on during the work week. I told her she was welcome to wake me up with that any time she wants!

·
Registered
663 Posts
My wife has a few different panties (regular ones; not the g-string variety which are special occasion wears) that she knows I love and when we kind of plan ahead, she'll wear them. Gives me a subtle hint that she is horny.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
I have observed that my wife has two different " personas " she puts on whenever she initiates.
One is that of a schoolgirl. she pretends that she's shy and innocent,with suggestive attitude.

The other she likes to pretend that she's this domineering woman,and just take full control.

I prefer the second one.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Shame more men didn't vote on this... but there does seem to be a clear winner here.

Variety is the spice of life is true it would seem!

Also noted that not one man is against his wife initiating... this is something I need to remind MYSELF of at times. I forget to initiate because... I'm probably being lazy and H is always kissing and cuddling and beats me to it.

Must work on that!

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I've kinda forgotten how the whole "initiate sex" thing is supposed to go, but in my daydreams it goes - she is subtle but flirty, teases a little but gradually gets bolder and bolder so there is no mistaking her intentions but still get to enjoy the escalation, without any small retreats, until we are both ravenous.

5,148 Posts
I would love for my wife to be more aggressive and just take me, but that is not her personality. ;)

I do like it when she chooses something provocative to wear...or even something simple like an oversize cotton tank top without a bra along with a pair of silky panties that are peeking out below her shirt as she walks around the house. I love when she teases me...this is her normal way of initiating. She knows I can't take my eyes off of her when she does this. :D:D:D

Reactions: Rooster2014

·
Registered
623 Posts
yes poll results say it.
depends on the circumstance.
if we are out to dinner with no wee ones at home all night, take it easy and make flirty suggestive comments.
if the kids are napping and i happen to be home for lunch and mama needs some medicine, just pounce on me.
works both ways and im happy with either.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sex? Oh, riiiiigggghhtt, it's a little foggy, but I seem to remember something about it...

Ok, had to get that out of my system...I am a proponent of both parties initiating. It keeps things interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I have observed that my wife has two different " personas " she puts on whenever she initiates.
One is that of a schoolgirl. she pretends that she's shy and innocent,with suggestive attitude.

The other she likes to pretend that she's this domineering woman,and just take full control.

I prefer the second one.
I would take the schoolgirl shy thing.

Reactions: Caribbean Man

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
My husband LOVES obvious ~ overt ~ a little aggressive ~ flirtatiously suggestive ~ groping is welcomed with a :D ~ straddling myself over him sitting in a chair/arms around his neck /through his hair / kissing ....loves it ~ unzip the fly ~ handling the package ~ seduction any which way ...... basically for me to show him...."I want you baby".......

He even phrased it like this days ago....he said >> "when the woman wants to use me for her own pleasure".....Yeah, that turns him on...

from me ...this fuels him.

He's never been one who needed "the Chase" like so many men....he told me once.. all his fantasies are the woman coming on to him. I just laughed... he's an odd one!

But this works well for us... because after reading so many posts by men who revel in the "CHASE" ...this need for "subtle" from their wives... I would seriously feel "caged", having to lower my intensity, turn down a part of who I am ...awaiting his pursuits.

I tend to think a little like a Mrs Robinson (the guy doesn't have to be a Graduate ~ my husband will do :))... A good half of my fantasies are taking control ~ playing the Vixen.... He initiates too - of course ..

It's more of a mutual thing with us....we both know we want it ....we reach for it....and see where it leads.

Though he's told me SUBTLE is good too ~ I put on the lingerie & cook his breakfast sometimes when the kids are gone...he comes after me... I
that.

·
Premium Member
12,654 Posts
Two options, both are great:
- where anything with a skirt, or that long tshirt comes to mid thigh. Give me that smile. Those two things combined are like nitro and glycerin
- start some sort of conflict, throw an elbow, say something aggressive but also funny. This produces the cave man response

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.