Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So tonight he was out at a company dinner and came home with BOX SEATS to Madonna. Box 332, seats 2 and 3 at the Toyota Center here in Houston with a parking pass. He waved them in front of me and said and I ****ing quote "I have Madonna tickets" and of course I screamed, jumped for joy and hugged him. I said when? Tonight. It started at 8:00 pm. He got home 10 minutes ago. Stunned, I asked him after I stopped crying, when did you get them? That would be 4:00 pm today from the VP in New York who flew in to have dinner with him and a bunch of others here in Houston. I composed myself as best I could and asked if at any point if he thought about calling me to let me know about the tickets. Nope.
I am ****ing stunned. Just beyond and I absolutely hate him. He actually said it never crossed his mind since he couldn't go with me. Really? Are you that stupid? That's what we do now in our marriage? If one cannot go, then nobody does? Pretty sure that would limit his range given that I have many days I can barely move. What a disgusting pig. He's out eating scallops with a bunch of "bro" boys and can't be bothered to give me the tickets to have fun with a friend and yeah to all the GNO jerks around here, it would have been a woman and no we wouldn't be ****ing everything that moves. We have self control, shockingly!
Nevermind that Madonna is literally on my bucket list, as is Tony Bennett, Prince and Andrea Bocelli. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK HIM. God I am so angry right now I think I will have a blood vessel burst. Cannot wait to divorce this douche canoe. Just. Cannot. Wait.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ugh.... That's.... Sadistic. TRBE, are you sure he doesn't have a little somethin-somethin on the side? I just can't imagine doing that to someone unless you were trying to be cruel....

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Wow. That is messed up. I would have made sure if I could not go my wife had a chance in going. Then again if the VP gave me those tickets I would most likely be taking my wife and enjoy it together.

That is a pretty hardcore GNO comment. LOL.

And I really like scallops myself. So good choice in that. Overall poor decision though.

But was he just an @$$hat or was he intentionally being mean?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. That is messed up. I would have made sure if I could not go my wife had a chance in going. Then again if the VP gave me those tickets I would most likely be taking my wife and enjoy it together.

That is a pretty hardcore GNO comment. LOL.

And I really like scallops myself. So good choice in that. Overall poor decision though.

But was he just an @$$hat or was he intentionally being mean?
What you got from it is a hard core GNO comment? I guess better was served keeping the wifey at home........awesome. Do you hand out vomit bags with your comments. Also, happy to hear you like scallops as clearly that part was important. Again, a vomit bag!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clearly you are not sober or coherent. You were unable to read my whole comment.

Your husband hacking you off in no way provides you license to treat others with disrespect. You mentioned GNO. I was being light hearted about such a thing. You brought it up. Your motives are your own. And your repsonse is to be offensive? What gives you that right? I inquired as to what was going on. Sincerely and your response is this? I do feel sorry for you. But no I did not deserve your response. I was asking you if he was purposely being mean. But you focused on the rest. I am sorry for your pain but I am not here for you to wipe your feet on.
The hell?! I am plenty sober and was trying to make a joke. As you WELL know I only mock those I love. GNO was a nod to you and ridiculous assumptions but other than that, all love. I am sorry. Tone CLEARLY doesn't come out here. Crap. [email protected] Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ent, wtf?? Really??
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Sounds like this crazy aunt I had. Her daughter got a limited edition Barbie for her b-day, and she was ecstatic. She had wanted this Barbie for months, and was practically begging to tears for it. Suffice it to say that she was the happiest little girl on the planet.

So what does Auntie Broomhilda do when the party's over? She takes the Barbie and pulls the head and limbs off of it in front of her crying daughter...

...just to show her that "the world isn't fair and you can't get something for nothing".

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Wow, that's harsh. Seems like abuse to me but, what do I know. I wouldn't have the heart to do that to my daughter. Of course, she is 26 now and doesn't play with Barbie dolls.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Stop for a minute and ask yourself this.
"Am I handeling this in the best possible manner?"

Is ranting and raving about this going to solve anything?

You assume a lot of things. You assume he maliciously kept this information from you in order to hurt you. You assume he doesn't care about your feelings. You assume the way you are behaving isn't abusive....... It is!

Insulting, belittling, stomping your feet, none of this would make me want to take you anywhere if I was your husband. So you didn't get to see Madonna, it's not the end of the world. And I tend to think he had a good reason if this is the way you behave whenever anyone dissapoints you.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Stop for a minute and ask yourself this.
"Am I handeling this in the best possible manner?"

Is ranting and raving about this going to solve anything?

You assume a lot of things. You assume he maliciously kept this information from you in order to hurt you. You assume he doesn't care about your feelings. You assume the way you are behaving isn't abusive....... It is!

Insulting, belittling, stomping your feet, none of this would make me want to take you anywhere if I was your husband. So you didn't get to see Madonna, it's not the end of the world. And I tend to think he had a good reason if this is the way you behave whenever anyone dissapoints you.
I for one CANNOT wait to see TRBE's response to this. I personally think you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Furthermore with this attitude towards others on TAM, either real or perceived, she is likely to be banned.

And I think her actions are verbally abusive and disrespectful.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Let her rage on me and prove my point.
You can't half read something and twist it your way. There is a difference between pouting because of not going and having tickets flaunted in front of you then being snatched from under you making it too late to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Sorry, you can't pick sides and not put their actions on trial. It's one thing to be dissapointed and I agree this is upsetting, but she didn't learn about the tickets until AFTER the concert. So coming here and flamming on everyone who doesn't agree with her feelings is not ok.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Sorry, you can't pick sides and not put their actions on trial. It's one thing to be dissapointed and I agree this is upsetting, but she didn't learn about the tickets until AFTER the concert. So coming here and flamming on everyone who doesn't agree with her feelings is not ok.
Didn't learn about tickets til after the concert? I thought there still would have been time to go (had they left right then and there) when she found out. That makes it worse considering he knew about them since 4.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
So tonight he was out at a company dinner and came home with BOX SEATS to Madonna. Box 332, seats 2 and 3 at the Toyota Center here in Houston with a parking pass. He waved them in front of me and said and I ****ing quote "I have Madonna tickets" and of course I screamed, jumped for joy and hugged him. I said when? Tonight. It started at 8:00 pm. He got home 10 minutes ago. Stunned, I asked him after I stopped crying, when did you get them? That would be 4:00 pm today from the VP in New York who flew in to have dinner with him and a bunch of others here in Houston. I composed myself as best I could and asked if at any point if he thought about calling me to let me know about the tickets. Nope.
I am ****ing stunned. Just beyond and I absolutely hate him. He actually said it never crossed his mind since he couldn't go with me. Really? Are you that stupid? That's what we do now in our marriage? If one cannot go, then nobody does? Pretty sure that would limit his range given that I have many days I can barely move. What a disgusting pig. He's out eating scallops with a bunch of "bro" boys and can't be bothered to give me the tickets to have fun with a friend and yeah to all the GNO jerks around here, it would have been a woman and no we wouldn't be ****ing everything that moves. We have self control, shockingly!
Nevermind that Madonna is literally on my bucket list, as is Tony Bennett, Prince and Andrea Bocelli. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK HIM. God I am so angry right now I think I will have a blood vessel burst. Cannot wait to divorce this douche canoe. Just. Cannot. Wait.

Posted via Mobile Device
Nsweet -- usually I like you, dude, but you're kind of off base on this one, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt for maybe not knowing TRBE's backstory. But the bolded points should maybe give you a clue. Peace.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.