Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through the first couple of chapters. ...tell me there is more to this than men's biological desire to keep their wife from cheating.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Yes there is. He is just laying the groundwork. As with any book, you will not agree with everything. However, there is no doubting that a woman wants a man to be a balance of alpha and beta. I am the classic Mr. Nice guy. I have learned to become more assertive and take the lead in our home in many areas including sexually. I also think the whole idea of captain and first officer is spot on.

Reactions: JoeHenderson

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think there is a lot of real obvious "well duh!" type stuff in many of the often referenced men's self help material.

That does not make it worthless however. I can only speak for myself, but I failed to see the obvious and even more so fail to act on the obvious. Many times I have/had to fix various disfunctions within myself in order to take some pretty obvious actions :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I must also say that it is important to understand the biological/hormonal reason for the concept. Since sex, alpha, and beta create different hormonal response, we need to know how our actions affect this response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.